It’s sunny this morning and even hot so I decide to leave my blazer at home. The blazer is of no use because it always hangs on my chair, and I never put it on at school. Who even has strength for that?

The first lesson this morning is Food and Nutrition, and we have her for two and a half hours.

“SS3 Violet, Mrs Solade said I should tell you guys to go to the food and nutrition lab,” Mmesoma announces to us. She is in Zara’s class not in mine.

See gist o! We beg you?” Paschal asks her and we all laugh.

“Paschal respect yourself,” she says while smiling.

I go stone you dis book o!” Praise tells her.

Bros leave am, na so all dis social science student dey do pass diasef,” Paschal tells Praise. Everyone laughs too.

I carry my bag so I can change in the restroom.

“Hey,” Jamal says.

“Seatmate, how are you?” I ask.

“I missed you last night,” he replies while smiling.

“Ahem!” Asher cuts in, and I hiss.

“Just incase you’re about to go, tell me. I wanna go and change now,” I say to Jamal and he nods, then I leave the class.

I change and go back to class where Jamal is waiting for me.

“Let’s go,” I say to him. We’re about to leave when Praise calls my attention.

“Karen, please just a minute,” he says. I give Jamal a look of ‘don’t worry, we’ll still go together’ and he nods. I go to Praise who is at the back of the class now.

“Hey, what’s going on? You’ve hardly spoken to me since Tuesday. Did I do something wrong?”

I look at him with disbelief. “Why would you think so?”

He scratches his hair. “I’m thinking it’s maybe because of...Asher and ...Jamal.”

Is he jealous?

Mumu, just making sure he hasn’t lost you yet. Yeah, he’s jealous.

I smile. “No Praise, it’s not because of anyone. You’re always free to talk to me.”

“Oh, okay...urm...were you going with anyone?”

“Yes, with Jamal.”

I notice his smile is kinda fake now.

“Okay then.”

I leave and go to the lab with Jamal. Luckily for me, I get paired up with Aina and Godwin, and we’re given a table top space that is far away from Jamal, Praise and Asher.

Immediately we finish up, I change in the restroom with Aina, and we have a free period so I rest my head on my desk so I can sleep before sports today.

On Fridays, we all have general taekwando so everyone in the school gathers at the field for that while Mr Lee Sin takes us on the taekwando class. He is a Korean and I can guess that my school pays him a lot for the time he gives us.

I bring out Dork Diaries from my bag and start reading. Soon, someone brings my book down. His head is on his desk beside me and he has a bored look on his face.

“Gist me,” he says.

I sigh. “About what?”

He says anything so I raise my head up and we start talking about things. At first, I bring up the idea of us talking about our families but he disagrees so now, we’re talking about marriage. I wonder how we even started talking about something like that.