55°

One week after the whole stuff and I find myself concentrating more on my books. I can't work hard for six whole years and end up not being the valedictorian. For chrissakes, I've always taken the first rank right from seventh grade. Asher just changed everything by becoming a member of the class.

While going through my Chemistry textbook, Aina turns to me and places her hand on her chin.

"I've been waiting for you to finish reading so we can talk or something," she tells me.

"You could have just told me. I was waiting for someone to distract me though," I reply. "What's up?" I sigh exhaustedly and close my textbook.

"I'm so tired of everything. I wish I can just sleep and wake up, then next thing become a graduate of this school," she says dreamily.

"Don't worry, we'll get through everything. What's up with Junior? Does he still talk to you?"

She laughs sadly. "I wish."

"Come on, I'll do everything I can to bring you guys together. If it means begging my mom to take my cousin to another school so she can write her external exams, I'll do it. Like, those two don't even fit each other."

"Just leave the guy. Besides, Junior likes pretty girls and Vida is obviously prettier than I am so let him be. I guess this was the same way Nafissa felt when she saw me and Junior together too," she says.

"Watch me do it. You won't be left out in this," I tell her.

"Let's stop talking about that cute dragon."

That makes me laugh.

"Cute dragon keh? You aren't serious, just imagine the title you gave him. Ahhhh, haba! That's too bad na," I tell her.

"Hey." Asher interrupts us.

"Here comes your boo. Talk to you later b," she says and turns back to her book.

"You know you interrupted our talk," I say to him as he sits on my desk.

"You know you need me more," he says.

"As per what?" I tilt my head to the side and press my lips together.

"Let's say that..." He stands akimbo in a funny way. "... I'm your superhero."

I giggle. "That's silly." And my smile turns into a frown. "You're not. You've never done anything a superhero would do before."

"Hey! Come on, I took that bullet for you, remember?"

"What bullet?" I quirk my brows. "What bullet?"

"That dinner night?"

"Ohhh, you were supposed to take the bullet. Before nko?" I furrow my brows. "I'm not supposed to die na, I'm an innocent young girl. A pretty lady like me." I pout in a way I know is really cute, and burst into laughter.

"Just the same stuff you said to me when we used to be enemies," he tells me. "You don't call me a terrorist anymore." He grins.

"Yeah but if you bring terror again, it won't stop me from calling you a terrorist." I roll my eyes.

"Wow! Just wow! So...ur..."

Mrs Tolu comes into the class.

"Do we always have to get interrupted?"

I shrug, and he goes back to his seat. My classmates greet in a slurry way and some don't even stand up...people like me. My legs are too fat for that.

"What did you guys eat this morning?" Mrs Tolu asks.

"Na pap and moi-moi oh! Big sis will just be doing something that will vex your soul," Godwin answers and some laugh.