I open my eyes. Kayla is tapping my leg.

"What?"

"Time to go for our morning jog!"

I'm shocked she's excited for this Saturday morning jog. I am actually freaking tired because I stayed till 2AM having a video call with Zara. Just because Jamal and I started talking more at school, she has been pestering me to tell her everything. She tells me I am going to be in a love triangle with three boys. Is it possible to be in a love triangle with three guys?

Okay don't call me silly but I think it should be love square or love kite or quadrilateral love...

Urm...okay, scratch that. I don't know the word for that but I hope I don't get involved in a quadrilateral love.

"I'm not going!" I use my unicorn pillow to cover my ear and turn the other way.

"Fine, I'll tell Aunt Michelle to not give you her meatpie when she bakes this morning," she says and runs off before I can call her back.

She knows I love meatpie and after tasting Aunt Michelle's baked ones on Thursday, I asked her to bake today. This Kayla girl can just use something against someone.

"Ugh! Gawd..."

The weather is even too cold. It rained last night and I feel cold now. I just want to cover my whole body with my douvet and sleep till 2PM, but I still have clothes to launder.

I check my alarm and find out it's 5:10AM. My alarm usually goes off by 6:45.

Are these people going to queue up for an important something? Why are they even up so early?

Because they want to be fit and you're just being a couch potato. You'll end up being fat, Karen.

I talk to myself through my mind sometimes so it's normal for me to argue with my inner self.

I sit up on bed and unlock my phone. By the time I turn on my WiFi, the notification sound will not stop ringing so I just switched the profile to Total Silence.

Mom comes into my room immediately and asks if I'm okay.

"Goodmorning Mom," I greet lazily.

"Chisom are you ok?"

"I'm tired and cold. I don't want to jog today," I tell her.

"Okay babe. Please wash the plates before we get back. Stay safe." She pecks my forehead and leaves.

Who wants to smile with her? After she has given me morning duty. If Mom is ever a housewife, then I'd know no peace.

I groan and get out of bed. Luckily for me, the plates are not much so I hurry up and make tea for myself. I'll take that with sardine and bread.

Kay, you dey groove oh! See gbedu.

I sit in front of my dresser and have my breakfast. Now I don't feel sleepy anymore.

Immediately I finish up, I start doing my laundry. I set the timer to thirty minutes for my white clothes in the washing machine, because today I am just in the mood to sing in the shower.

Mom and Dad leave the house together by ten so we stay with Aunt Michelle.

Saturday night is family night and movie night, so Mom and Dad are back home on time.

********************MONDAY

"What about your second skirt?" Mom asks.

"This is my second skirt, the first one is short," I tell her while stirring my tea.