39°

I get back home by 8pm, fast enough and thank God Asher is a fast driver. Honestly.

Nkem had been outside already and she helps in carrying my stuffs into the house.

"How was it?" she asks.

"Too much drama. Nk, that trip was very unpredictable. I thought things would go smoothly but it's just the same way school goes just that it went in form of a boarding school," I explain to her.

"I miss my high school days."

"Mxtcheew, I even wanna leave already. There are some faces I don't want to see anymore."

"I bet you're going to miss it once you're a graduate," she tells me.

"Maybe when I get married. As for now, I think it'll really be exciting. I'll just miss Lagos," I tell her. "Why do I have to school in Ogun?"

"What's going to be your choice?"

"Mom and Dad said Babcock although I really want to make a choice for myself..."

"Omo mi!" (my child). Mom comes out of the kitchen in her PJs.

"Good evening Mom," I greet her. "You're looking pretty tonight. Did Daddy hug you?"

She chuckles. "Be a serious girl for once, Chisom. Anyways, I bet you're very tired..."

"Honestly," I cut in. Just now, I remember my video with Asher. I pray she doesn't talk about it. Mom will be the worst person to start talking to me about it.

"C'mon and rest upstairs. Nkem already prepared a warm bath for you." She starts going to the living room which has a sound proof glass walls around it, and then a door.

"Where's Dad and those two rats?"

Gosh! I've missed them.

"Out for sight-seeing," she tells me.

"Okay?" I reply in an unsure way because I'm distracted. Someone is singing upstairs and that is not Nkem.

♪God you don't need me but
Somehow you want me
Oh how you love me
Somehow that frees me
To take my hands off of my life
And the way it should go
God you don't need me but
Somehow you want me
Oh how you love me
Somehow that frees me
To open my hands up
And give you control..♪

That's my favourite song in church. Wait, that reminds me..when was the last time I went to church? Like a month now. Thank God sef. I won't have to wait for Mom's CWO's meeting.

"Mom?" I call her, walking into the sitting room.

"Eh?" She still has her eyes fixed on the TV. Mom and ZeeWorld.

"Who is in our house?"

"Oh that's your cousin from Trinidad, Vida."

I have a cousin from Trinidad? I only know of Canada and Atlanta, and Botswana..and South Africa. Then others are in Nigeria but I don't know exactly where.

"Strange," I mumble.

"And I forgot to tell you, Michelle is getting married."

Aunt Michelle? Ayye! I am gonna do asoebi ooo! Legbegbe!

"Wow! Is asoebi on sale already?"

"Will be out next week," she tells me.

I go up to my room and find her sitting there, playing the piano. I did not have a piano before, how the hell did I get it? And my room is all purple and white, with beautiful stickers around and a ring light. Aww! But it's not yet my birthday. Why the surprise?