Doctor

Today I had to go the doctor for a checkup and to get shots. We are heading to the doctor's office. Once we got there and he got me out of the car and put my diaper bag on his shoulder and shut the door to the car. We go into the doctor's office and got checked in. We sat down in the waiting in the chair. I laid my head on his chest because my gums were hurting and I had my pacifier in my mouth sucking on it. He was rubbing my head with his thumb. I finally got called back. My onesie was taken off and I was taken from his lap to get my height and weight done. I was crying because I wanted to go back to my daddy.
"I know sweetie but I have to check your height and weight and then you can go back and cuddle with daddy." The nurse said to me. Once she was done she took me back and gave me to him. The doctor comes in and talks to my daddy and makes sure he is still doing okay. Then he takes me from him and I start crying again to go back to him.
"She does not like to be taken from you." The doctor said to him.
"No she does not and her gums are hurting her because she trying to cut her first tooth." He said to him.
"Okay so everything looks good and she is going to get a shot today." He said to my daddy.
"Okay. Can I hold her in my arms?" He asked the doctor.
"Yeah you can hold her in your arms so she doesn't cry as much." He said to him.
The nurse comes in and gives me the shot and when she gave me the shot I started to cry. Once she was done I got a bandaid in it. My daddy put my onesie on me. I was still crying a little bit.
"Shhh princess it's over and we going home." He said to me and I calmed down.
On the way home I was crying a little bit. Once we got home he put the diaper bag on his shoulder and picked me up. When we got in the house he hung his keys up and put the diaper bag down. We went and sat in the recliner. He took off his shirt and my onesie and just put my baby blanket over us. I stopped crying and went to sleep on his chest while we were doing skin to skin. We stayed like that the rest of the day.