The love of a father

Today it was storming pretty bad. I was playing in the living room on the floor with my toys and had my blanket there with me and my pacifier in my mouth. I was playing with my toys and my daddy was in the couch doing some work. All of a sudden a loud crash of thunder came and I started crying because I was scared. He heard this and came to pick me up and comfort me. I was on his hip and he was swaying back and forth rubbing my back with his hand and playing with my hair. He wished he could make it stop but he couldn't. He took off his shirt and my onesie and sat down in the recliner and put my blanket on us. He started rocking us.
"Shhh princess it's okay your okay princess shhhh daddy's going to protect you shhh daddy won't let anything or anyone hurt Shh it's okay shhhh baby shhh you can go to sleep now shhh." He said to me as I fell asleep on his chest. We stayed like that for a while.
"Hey Mark."Principal Wells says as he comes in without a shirt and blanket on him and Avianna as he sits down on the couch with her in his chest.
"Hey Raymond." He said.
"Avianna hates storms." He said to him.
"So does Jessica." He said to him while he was rubbing my head with his thumb as I slept.
"Yeah." He said to him.
"I wish I could protect Jessica from all the bad stuff in the world."he said to him.
"I know." He said to him.
They talked for a while until principal Wells left to go feed Avianna. Me and my daddy ate dinner and he took a shower and gave me a bath and got ready for bed we went and did skin to skin until time for bed.