Chapter 3

“Oh God Jack…” Jackie panted.

He smiled and stroked her back. “Do you want to stay tonight?”

She giggled. “Yeah.”

Jack gave her his shirt to put on. “If you need anything let me know and the bathrooms down the hall.”

“Thanks.” She smiled pulling his shirt on. Her hair was spread over the pillow. “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.” He smiled pulling his boxers back on. His cheeks were glowing red.

“What do you do for a living?”

“Oh,” He grinned. “I’m Jack Kennedy the Massachusetts Senator.” He said stroking her hair.

Her body went numb. “What... Oh my God…. Oh my God…” She stammered.

“Jackie?” Jack asked puzzled stroking her cheek gently. Jackie was lying staring at the ceiling. She seemed in shock.

“I…I just slept with you….” She spluttered.

“Yes and I enjoyed it very much he said kissing her neck.”

“But… your…you’re going to run for President next year… you’re never going to call me again I’m just going to be another one of your women! You’re just a womaniser.” She exclaimed getting up.

Jack gently took her arm. “Jackie, I don’t have a lot of women. I want to settle down and last night, when I saw you I felt something I’d never felt before…. I like you, please don’t let who I am put you off.”

Jackie sat back down on the bed. “I’m sorry…. I just… it frightened me.”

He put an arm around her. “I like you and I want to see you again. It shouldn’t matter who I am.”

She rested her head on his shoulder. She was more relaxed. “Okay…. I want to see you again too.” She blushed.

Jackie got back into bed and cuddled with him. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.” He whispered. She fell asleep in his arms. It began to dawn on Jack that these truly were his last moments of privacy. He sighed and closed his eyes, he wasn’t sure if he wanted to run but he knew he didn’t have a choice.

8am

Saturday 21st November 1959

The following morning when Jackie woke Jack wasn’t beside her. She could smell something from the kitchen. She went to the bathroom and freshened up before going downstairs. She was still only wearing his shirt. “Something smells good.” She teased.

He turned and kissed her cheek. “Good morning.”

She blushed. “Morning.”

They sat down to breakfast. “I liked the pancakes. Did you make them?” She giggled.

“Yeah I’m not completely useless.”

She laughed. “I know that.”

He grinned. “Do you have plans for today?”

“No, not at the moment. What about you?” She asked rubbing her arm. He nodded. “I have to go to Hyannis Port; my Father wants to discuss plans for next year.”

“Jack?”

“Yeah?”

“Do you actually want to run?”

He seemed stunned by her question. “Well yes and no.”

Jackie got up and hugged him. “I’m a republican.” She said looking into his eyes. He smiled. “I don’t care.”