Chapter 32

Tuesday 5th November 1968

Hyannis Port

On 12th September 1961 President John F Kennedy married Jacqueline Bouvier. Their life in the White House was certainly eventful. On 27th November 1962, their first child Caroline Bouvier Kennedy was born, followed by her brother John F Kennedy Jr on 25th November 1964, a year after an assassination attempt in Dallas which nearly claimed Jack’s life.

Jack’s final term in the White House was nearly over and he waited nervously to find out if it would be Bobby or Nixon.

“Bunny?” Jackie called walking out on to the beach. It was just after 9pm. He was sitting watching the waves. “Yeah?”

“The results are in.”

He jumped up. “And?”

A massive grin spread on her face. “Bobby is going to be President.”

Jack hugged her tightly. “Jack!” She gasped. He pulled back and smiled at her. “Sorry Kid, I’m just happy.”

“Me too.”

“I’m so glad I married you.” Jack grinned.

She raised an eyebrow. “Why?”

“Because I’m a better person and you’ve made me so happy, gave me two beautiful children and we are about to start a new chapter in our life.”

She blushed. “And I can’t wait….. However, we no longer can call it Young Love, we’re older now.”

He laughed. “Let’s call it…. The middle of the road love.”

She giggled and kissed him passionately. When she pulled back she stroked his cheek. “I love that idea.”

Jack took her hand and they went inside to celebrate Bobby’s victory. He grinned at Teddy. “Good luck being Attorney General.”

He laughed. “I’ll be the new Bobby, annoying and a pain.”

Jack rolled his eyes. “There is no way you can be as bad as Bobby.”

Jackie smiled and wrapped an arm around Jack. “At least you won’t be as stressed anymore.”

He nodded and kissed her. He was looking forward to the new chapter in his life.