Chapter 5

Jacqueline Bouvier’s House

7pm

Jackie was in the kitchen when her door bell went. When she answered it she was wearing an apron. “Hi.” She blushed.

“Hi.” Jack smiled coming in.

Jackie wrapped her arms around him and kissed him. “Is chicken okay?”

“Sounds good to me.”

Jackie smiled and headed back to the kitchen. Jack followed her. “Your house is lovely.” He remarked inspecting the antiques in her hall.

“Thank you.”

He sat down at her table and watched her. He wouldn’t believe how this time next year it would be difficult to go from one place to another without someone knowing. “So how was your weekend with your Parents?” Jackie asked as she served up the food.

“Uh…well…” He hesitated.

“Jack?”

He reached for her hands. “That stupid ass brother of mine told Dad about us and he told me not to see you anymore and keep my head straight for the campaign.” Jack said. “But, I can’t do that.”

“What?”

“I like you Jackie…. I like you too much. I don’t want to stop seeing you. I don’t care if we have to hide our relationship but I want us to be together.”

She looked stunned. “We’re only getting to know each other….”

“I know… but you are so different from other woman. I really like you.”

“Oh.” She giggled. “I want to see you too, whatever it takes.”

He nuzzled her neck. “Let’s eat.”

Over dinner they sat and talked. Jack enjoyed the fact she was intelligent and could talk about things that were important to him like history. “Ok, so who is your favourite author?” Jackie asked.

“Oh! That’s hard.” Jack teased. “Um… at the moment Ian Fleming.”

Jackie smirked. “You’re a fan of Mr. Bond then?”

He smiled. “Yes.”

“Me too.”

After dinner they sat in the living room wrapped in each other’s arms. “Jackie?” Jack asked.

“Yeah?”

“Can I take you out on Friday?”

She blushed pink. “I’d like that.”

He nodded.

Jackie’s lips slowly brushed against his. “Oh God…” He groaned. His hands stroked her back. She giggled. “Oh.”

He nuzzled her neck. “Let’s go upstairs.” Jackie whispered taking his hands. He nodded and followed her. They made love passionately.

“Oh….” Jack breathed lying panting.

Jackie giggled and squeezed his hand. Jack rolled over and smiled at her. His hand traced her jaw line. “Goodnight Jacqueline.”

“Goodnight John.”

They both burst out laughing. He kissed her before falling asleep beside her. Jackie smiled, she felt giddy.