Chapter 31

Friday 20th January 1961

US Capitol

As Jack waited to go out he smiled at Jackie. She was smiling; this was her first official engagement. She was nervous to see what people thought of her. “Don’t worry Kid.” He whispered placing a hand on her shoulder.

“But what if they don’t like me?”

He turned to smile at her. “They will, you are an amazing woman who looks very nice and slightly tempting in this dress, and the hat suits you.”

She giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck. He grinned and kissed his lips. He moaned softly. “I love you Jackie.”

“I love you too, Jack.”

He blushed and watched as she headed out into the snowy balcony. He went and took his seat.

Jackie watched intently as he took the oath of office. He looked happy. “I John Fitzgerald Kennedy do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. So help me God.”

Jackie smiled and blushed with pride. She loved the reaction he received for his inaugural address. “And so my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”

He got a loud cheer. He turned and smiled softly at Jackie. She blushed and winked at him.

When they got into the warm of the Capitol building Jack hugged her. “Kid.” He smiled.

“Bunny,” She placed her hand under his chin. “You were amazing.”

He blushed as tears formed in his eyes. She leaned up and kissed him. He held her for a few minutes before being ushered of to the lunch.

2am

The couple were at the final inaugural ball of the night. “Come on Jack I want to dance.”

He groaned. “Noooo….”

“Yes.” She took his hands. He blushed as she led him to the dance floor. He held her close and she nestled her head on his shoulder.

“See you’re a good dancer.” She whispered.

He blushed. “Thank you.”

She giggled and they waltzed some more.

It was just after 3am when the newly inaugurated President and his Fiancée arrived at the White House. “Tonight was great.” Jack yawned lying down on Lincoln’s bed.

“Oh it was.” Jackie smiled taking her jewelry off. “I can’t believe you’re president now, Bunny.”

He grinned. “I need sleep.”

She laughed. “Me too.” She cuddled in beside him and fell asleep; this was the beginning of their life together she thought.