Chapter 24

Thursday 24th November 1960

Jackie Bouvier’s House

Jack was lying flat out on her sofa watching the celebrations on TV while she was checking on dinner. “How’s it coming?” Jack asked finishing his beer.

“Good, well I haven’t burnt it anyway.”

Jack laughed.

He suddenly heard the door open and close. “Jackie!” A voice called. He just sat up when he saw a woman rush into the room. She gasped. “M…Mr. Kennedy.”

Jackie rushed in at that moment. “Lee!” She hissed. “What are you doing here?” Jackie demanded.

“I…uh…” She stared at Jack, stunned. “Mum sent me to find out why you weren’t coming to Newport but now I see why….”

Jack stood up. “Please don’t tell anyone.”

“She won’t.” Jackie snapped.

Lee swallowed. “I’ll make up an excuse.” She tried to smile. “Have a good night.” She said before quickly leaving.

Jackie sighed and went back to the kitchen. Jack followed her. He gently wrapped his arms around her waist. “Calm down kid, she won’t tell anyone.”

“I hope not.”

He nuzzled her neck. “Dinner smells great.”

“Jack stop trying to impress me, it doesn’t matter how many compliments you give me you know I’m still going to sleep with you tonight.”

He grinned. “Good, but honestly the food looks good.”

Jackie blushed and served it up. They talked about the campaign as they ate dinner. “Jack?” Jackie asked.

“Yes?”

“How’s our relationship going to work once you’re in the White House?”

He paused. “I don’t really know… I haven’t thought about it… but I do know that I want you in my life.”

She blushed and reached across the table to kiss him. “I love you.”

“Love you too.”

She smiled. “Do you remember the time we met at a nightclub and no one knew who you were?”

He nodded. “It would be good if people were like that today.”

She laughed. “But you are going to be President.”

“I know.”

“Let’s go upstairs.”

He smirked. “Yes.”