Chapter 1: The start

"He's quirkless."

.

.

.

"Eh?"

~~~

In the age of quirks come new professions.

Heroes.

Like in old comic books, heroes came to life.

It soon became every kid's dream to be a hero, to save the day, to be in the spotlight.

The Yagi family looked like a normal family...

On the outside.

But on the inside, it's anything but normal.

Toshinori and Inko Yagi, the parents of Izuku and Ikaru Yagi.

Also known as the pro-heroes All might and Kryptonite.

Ikaru has been friends with the Bakugou and Todoroki twins since birth.

Katsuki and Shioka Bakugou and Shoto and Kokoro Todoroki.

For Izuku, they've been...

well...

~~~

*Boom*

"DEKU! YOU THINK YOU'D MAKE IT INTO UA? YOU'D DIE IN THE EXAMS LIKE THE BUG YOU ARE!" Katsuki yelled.

Izuku just sat in his seat, staring at his school desk. He didn't even flinch when another explosion was sent his way.

"Tch. You're just a pathetic weakling that can't be a hero." Shioka all but sneered.

Izuku still didn't look at his tormentors, he just kept staring at his desk, clenching his fist so tight that it drew a little blood. He had one thought on his mind.

"How did it all come to this?"

...

Izuku and Ikaru were four years old, and it was the day they were supposed to get their quirks.

"Mommy! Daddy! Get up! We're getting our quirks today," the twins yelled, as they shook their parents awake.

"We're up we're up! It's time for breakfast," Toshinori said as he slowly rose from the bed.

"What do you want for breakfast?" Inko asked them, as they made their way to the kitchen.

"Katsudon!" the twins yelled.

"Haha alright," Inko said.

When the doctor sat the three, Toshinori waited at home, down he told them the news.

"He's quirkless."

.

.

.

"Eh?"

Izuku sat there, feeling lost and distraught.

"But she has a very powerful quirk, energy manipulation! She can produce shock waves made of energy, and the more she attacks the more powerful she becomes!" the doctor explained cheerfully.

"Oh, that's great! Come now Ikaru," Inko said, as she took Ikaru's hand and led them out. Izuku was left to follow after them like a lost puppy.

When they made it home Inko told Toshinori all about Ikaru's quirk, and they had a family lunch...

Without Izuku.