...

The reads keep increasing guys, so thank you so much to the ones who have given me a big hand. Lord be with you throughout these hard times. I now have the will to keep up with the writing so here goes another journey......

     The sun rays hit my lazy eyes, my head pounding like it had never before. My muscles ached even more than usual and my back felt like it had been hammered due to sleeping in one position. My arms and feet were tied together; the bruises now purple due to the continuous strain put on them. I tried to stretch my aching muscles but could only manage a little relaxation due to the binds. Surprisingly, the curtains were already drawn back and the room had been tidied up.

      My clothes were wrinkled and scrunched up, making it seem like I had just walked through a storm or something much worse. My stomach felt empty, constantly growling and  making me realise I needed to eat fast. My lips were immensely chapped with the little swerve of my tongue not being enough to moisten them.

       I stretched my neck trying as hard as I possibly could to see if the table had been set up yet but unfortunately, it was bare. The room seemed to be void of anything that could help me out of the tight ropes apart from a knife in a bowl of fruits.

               Wait, the knife.

      But was it really some kind of delusional fix I was having or was it really strategically placed there to help me out of this situation I was in.

                   What luck!

     I eyed the knife dangerously, my plan all sketched up in my mind and ready to be reinforced. The table it was placed on was just a few inches away which made my plan a little bit easier and apart from that, still had a few minutes to spare before one of the maids got back to check up on me. With that, I would be able to calm my nerves and prepare for my long awaited escape.

      I hadn’t waited too long when the door was opened and in came a little boy. To say I was shocked was an understatement as the little boy threw me off guard since I had never spotted anyone else in this sick place apart from Elijah and two maids. The young lad had shiny raven hair and little freckles adorning his face like a cute little bunny.

    His big brown eyes held so much mischief in them, they could pretty much predict the incoming mess he was about to get himself into. The cheeky grin he had confirmed it all and much more that I was soon to uncover but what really caught my attention was the striking resemblance he had to Elijah. It was marvelous to say the least, one would think he was Elijah's hidden son.

                       Or was he?

      He studied the room until his beautiful doe eyes landed on my tied form. His face contorted into a confused expression, mirroring mine in a way that gave him the sign that I was the new fish. I couldn't help it but awe at how much he looked like the man I was learning to resent with my whole being. One look at his face and the memories of all the encounters came flooding back.

    The small boy took small and careful steps towards me, inching closer to study his new discovery.

                " Who are you?"

   His tiny voice made me smile as it was music to my ears. Even his voice was melodious. I wonder-

      "Answer me or I will call daddy on you!"

                     I take back my words.

      He looked at me with rage overpowering him and fury oozing from his tiny form after cutting me off.

               Quite a temper!

              Just like his father.

         I thought to myself, watching his little hands clench into little fists. The boy looked very adorable in his - wait, daddy?

               ''My name is Lilly."

        My voice came out quite raspy, making me cough at the dryness. He slowly unfolded his hands and gave a wide grin of satisfaction at his achievement . I was very confused at this not  expecting this reaction at all.

    "I heard daddy talk about you with uncle."

     He acknowledged as he jumped around on the bed, making it dip towards his side. A smile carved its way to my face as I watched him and boy did I wish I had a happy childhood like that. Just as that thought crossed my mind, he fired a series of questions giving me hope that he wasn't a part of this and could set me free from his daddy's madness.

             " Why are you tied up?"

                    " Are you stuck?"

         "Do you want me to untie you?"

      The joy I felt knew no bounds as I nodded frantically. My smile had grown wider, thanking the heavens for sending me such an angel. He quickly scanned the room for anything that could aid him and gratefully, his gaze landed upon the knife. With his little hands, he tried to work fast and was quite determined to get me out of the bounds but it was a little bit too late.

        "Sebastian, what are you doing?"

     Both our heads snapped to the door only for my grin to be slapped off my face and a well-known scowl awaiting us at the door.

Shout out to my editor CoffeeAddiction