EPILOGUE

ELIJAH

      Adrian was sat next to me on his car seat as the car drove by the busy streets of New York city.The silence all around us was deafening and irked me to the core. The thought of what ifs still crossed my mind from time to time, missing my dear Rose dearly. Much to my disappointment, Adrian had turned out to be nothing like his father after all.

      My head drifted to my sea of thoughts as I stared out of the tinted windows of the Audi I was in. Everything had become so much more gloomy as years had passed by. Raising Adrian had become harder than it seemed and it made me miss Rose even more. She would have surely been a great mother to our son and many more kids. If only she had listened to me.

       ''Rose, think about my child.
        Rose please don't.
       Rose get off from the ledge.''

     The memories still haunted me even in my dreams making my life harder than it ever was. It was as if that was her way of revenge on my sorry ass. Maybe it was all my fault. As painful as it was, I still couldn't bring myself to tell my son the truth. I just didn't want him to leave me too like his mother left me.

     Looking back at the toddler, he was peacefully sitting on his seat, staring out at the window with a concentrated look. His locks had the same color as his mother's and his eyes a despicable copy of Rose's. Slowly, I ran my fingers through his hair and his beautiful face while in a daze. Surprisingly, my features were hardly recognizable on him but I liked it that way.

      I continued observing my little boy as he turned towards me and flashed me a beautiful smile, just like his mother's. I could feel my eyes start to water up at the gesture and quickly retreated my hands but it was what he did next that broke my walls down. His little hands grasped my large one and pulled me to him, giving me a large hug in the process. A tear slipped from my eye as I held him in an embrace I only wished to give to his mother if she were still there to receive it.

       It wasn't until my head lifted did I notice that the car had stopped. I knew that people's stares would murder my reputation but hell did I care. My eyes strayed on the streets for a while before something quite odd caught my eye. A familiar brunette walked past the car with a guy accompanying her arm to arm.

    Her pulled back hair aroused a spark of suspicion in me as I cranked my neck to get a glimpse of her face. Lucky was I that she looked back at someone calling her name and it was then that I saw the unexpected. It was her. Her eyes held the same wonder they had before but this time they had an added emotion, maybe of happiness. I blinked rapidly, trying to grasp the reality of it all but still couldn't believe it.

           She was alive.

          My precious Rose was still alive.

Just decided to add a little something to the ending for you guys. Votes and comments are appreciated on this chapter and the overall book. Happy reading.