...

"Why did you say it?"

             "Because it's the honest truth."

             "But I don't want to be here."

                  "It wasn't an option."

    I sat on the bed, playing with my fingers as we conversed slowly. He sat next to me, his hands slowly brushing through my hair like it pleasured him.

             "Why are you doing this?"

          "It's because I love you Rosette."

     My name rolled of his tongue perfectly, his  Italian accent heavy in his words. The man sitting shirtless beside me was one who was feared throughout and made me tremble at times. Each moment that passed by with him beside me reminded me of the pleasures he would bring me. As much as it disgusted me, the thought of it caused a puddle in my underwear.

             "What if I want to leave?"

                      "You can't"

     His straightforward answers made him seem cold but they showed truth. I knew that I couldn't trust him but all monsters deserve a chance.

    "Rosette, I want you to finally learn to love me as your husband but you keep making it hard with your silent rejections. I know you don't want to be with me but just try..."

          "I just don't want to be with you"

    My comeback was as straightforward as his answers but it didn't seem like a good idea. His breathing quickened as his pupils dilated. Fear started seeping in as something in my head was screaming at me to get away from him but I sat still, waiting for his reaction.

     The nightstand went down first, followed by the side lamps and the pictures hanging followed suit. His rage was over the top as his punches landed on the cream colored walls and the windows were smashed.

                    Fuck.

    "I have waited..... And you dare to say that you don't love me? "

                      Shit.

    His voice almost made the room shake as it boomed across the room. I cowered away from him and curved into a ball at a corner.

     "I was willing to give you everything and much more."

  As those words were spat out, the flowers that were brought in were smashed effortlessly as the room was turned into a mad house.

     "I gave you all my patience but now, all of this will have to go my way."

     The cynical look he gave me said it all. I was dead. He grabbed onto me and threw me onto his shoulder, walking past the room and across hallways. I tried screaming for him to let me down and even kicked and punched but nothing stopped him let alone slowed him down. He kept walking, his mission set and ended up in a dimly lit room. It all seemed like a horror movie where I would end up dead but that was not the case.

     Elijah opened up the cage he had pulled out of the shadows and threw me inside, locking me up. I tried to scream for help but it was all useless. I tried talking some sense into him and giving fake promises but nothing worked. It all fell on deaf ears. With one last glance, he left me to the darkness in a spiral of my own thoughts.

Shout out to my editor CoffeeAddiction