...

I stared between the ledge of the window and my back, wandering what to do next. If I stayed, my baby and I would be murdered but if I left, I would probably fall off the ledge and die on the spot. The young woman behind me held her gun steadily, ready to shoot if I dared anything. I prayed to the Lord to save me from the dilemma I was in but I knew it  was all in vain.

         "Don't even try it Princess." Her words came out as sharp daggers at me, ready to peirce every part of my body while the threat laced in her voice making my insides want to disintegrate. Weighing my options, I decided that it was better to die by a fall tha and be shot by one of Elijah's people.

           But what about my baby?

    That thought had my heart beating faster than it already was and I couldn't help but release a small sob.

        Just when I was getting a chance at a better life.

     "Turn around, I want to see your face as I put a bullet through that little brain of yours."

                 Bitch.

  I dared my chances and stayed stoic, not even attempting to comply to her demands. I could literally feel her grin getting wider behind me as she cocked the gun now ready to get her shot.

               What to do?

    As terrified as I was, an idea popped up in my mind and I got ready to initiate my plan. Turning back around, I got into position and got ready to make my move.

       "So you finally decided to accept your fate. How lovely."The satisfaction in her voice made me want to throw up in her face multiple times but I needed to focus.

     With one last prayer, I went onto the ledge, making the murderer in the room shoot at me in hopes of getting me before I escaped. Carefully dodging the bullets, I moved across the slim line of cement under my feet and got to the next room. I sighed in relief when I got to the next window,my fingers leaving the wall I had been holding onto for dear life.

    I hadn't even taken two much needed breaths when a bullet passed me by a whisker and landed on a pillar beside me.

     Seems like she was really determined to get rid of me.

    I moved across the room, shielding myself with the magnificent chairs that were being ruined by raging bullets. Holding my breath, I got to the bathroom and hid myself in a cabinet with high hopes that she wouldn't find me.

       What a game of cat and mouse.

    The shooting stopped as silence reigned thereon. My breathing was shallow, making me head throb but it was worth it. I could hear the scrunching of broken glass under her feet as she walked around and tried to find me. Her footsteps got louder and soon, I could hear her breathing in the same room I was in. My heartbeat rate increased and my breaths became needy.

  The thumping of my heart became loud in my ears as she started opening cabinets and banging doors.

     It was as if I was back with my father.

  The thought made tears to well up in my eyes and my heart to clench,letting a sob out of me. The moment I realized it was the moment I regretted it.

                  Lord be with me.

    She opened the door to the cabinet and my eyes met with the gun pointed to my forehead. She look determined as she cocked it firmly on my head, finger on the trigger. The smile on her lips showed just how mortified she felt for what she was about to do, sending chills down my backbone.

     A chuckle left her lips as she got ready to pull the trigger making me close my eyes. I got ready for the impact of the bullet and the complete darkness that was about to engulf me with my hands on my belly, thinking of my child.

           I felt like I had betrayed it.

          I wished I could have protected it.

          If only I had cared enough.

                      Bang!

    And there it was, the final breath I was to take.