...

I quickly scrambled out of the bed, trying to straighten the sheets I had crumpled up but I seemed to be worsening it. He just stood there, a ridiculous smirk already in place, taking in all my actions. I felt his stare burn into my skull as a slight shiver ran through my spine.

              "I want you to be my wife."

                Was this man mad?

   With those words out of his lips, my heart skipped a beat. I looked at him dumbfounded, my jaw almost touching the carpeted floor. I couldn't believe his words. I felt like my ears were playing a joke on me.

                           "What?"

     He started walking towards me, his face now displaying a cold gaze. I couldn't help it but be terrified at his closeness; his strides closing the distance between us quickly and not more than a second later, his breath was fanning my face. The closeness now opened opportunities for my eyes to roam around his face, noting the few tattoos plastered onto it.

           "What you heard, Rosette."

      As those words escaped his lips, he moved his face closer, almost as if he was going to kiss me. Just as his lips reached mine, his direction changed and his face was buried into my neck. He trailed feathery kisses along my neck, forcing me to close my eyes. His lips trailed patterns along my collarbone, each pattern giving me a tingly feeling. I couldn't decipher what he was up to but it felt heavenly.

        Just a kiss and I was already feeling lightheaded.

            Damn you Elijah King.

     My eyes flew open as his teeth sank into me, biting and tugging at the delicate skin of my neck. I tried to wriggle out of his hold but his stone hard body held me in place.

     I could feel something wet oozing out of my neck and immediately identified it as blood.

               This man was a beast.

      His hold kept on tightening as I started kicking around and punching, and in the process even slapping him but that didn’t stop him.

                He was like an animal.

      Minutes later his assault on my neck had stopped and he stood in front of me, his eyes almost pitch black and his tongue running over his lips. He looked bewildered as his wide sinister grin gave me the chills. I started stepping away from him, my hand grasping my bleeding neck.

      Surprisingly, his gaze softened as he saw me moving back in terror and I could see a flash of regret but it disappeared as soon as it came.

    "The maids will be here to dress you up and do your makeup. Be down in five because the priest is already here. Don't make me wait.”

And with that he left.

             I was really getting married.

                And to a man I dreaded .

Shout out to my editor CoffeeAddiction