...

ELIJAH

          The joy of a father with his firstborn is uncomparable to any other. My son's first cries filled the mansion with life as every single person bowed to the young prince. It was quite thrilling to have my own blood in existence, there to fulfill my wishes to his full potential, giving power to my name.

             For sure, Rose' s ungrateful ass wasn't a waste at all.

          At the thought of Rose, I wondered what to do with her. She was a defiant one, ready to go against my word and I knew that she would soon stir up trouble. That got me debating on whether she would be a good influence on my heir as she could teach him how to be defiant to me too and I couldn't have that.

         Not at all.

   She was currently in our room, resting after the treacherous pain she had to endure for our baby or rather my baby. I had known from the start that she didn't want to have this child or any baby with my blood running through its veins and she would do anything not to bring it to this world. That is exactly why I decided to get it out of her reach as soon as I had the chance.

       I couldn't let her get rid of my only pride and joy.

But with the joy she had brought me and the patience she had shown during the pregnancy, I was ready to reward her greatly.

         Slowly putting my heir into his crib, I walked towards my darling wife and sat next to her frail body, weaving my hands through her hair. I gazed at her sleeping state for a moment, trying to figure out what I held in my heart for her but all in all, I knew there was no heart to bear feelings anymore. I was a stray soul, stained and ready to murder if I needed to.

               No wonder she didn't love me at all.

                      I couldn't blame her.

                    I wouldn't love me too.

      With a nice butterfly kiss on her small but supple lips,I headed out the door and into my office, my child and wife at thought.

                    ROSETTE

          I knew what I had to do. It was all very simple. I knew that running away was too risky with the child and so I decided on one thing. It would sure be despicable but I had no other option. Killing Elijah proved to be fruitless and running away did too but I was too tired of the life I was living. It was all too much for me. I couldn't bare anymore of his tortures and as much as I prayed that my son wouldn't turn out to be like him, I knew what the future held for him. It was all too obvious for guess work.

          As soon as Elijah walked out the door, I threw the covers off me and glanced at the window that was wide ajar. The closet being my next destination, I hurriedly rushed in and took out some sheets. I was sure my plan would work for the building wasn't too high up and safe landing was much in my favor.

      The window opening led to the forest behind the mansion and it was a one way path that hopefully ended at a road. The plan was thought out and speculated with a clear mind, fully expected to work if I had no interruptions in the midst. Hopefully, if I had an opportunity, I would take my son with me.

       I threw the now linked sheets off the window pane and thankfully, it reached the bottom of the building. I looked back at my son hoping and praying that all would go well for him right before I got ready to jump off-

                                 "Rosette!"

         His voice didn't dare mask any anger brewing in him as he stared at me, eyebrows scrunched. It was the wildest look I had seen on someone and it sure didn't look good.

               "Get off that ledge before I make you."

          I knew his words held the same seriousness his face held but I didn't dare think of considering his words. I couldn't. The life he was ready to put me through wasn't one I needed or wanted.

               " Rose, think about my child- "

          "Do not forget that he is my son. You can't just make me go through all this for your enjoyment. I don't want to and -"

                                ELIJAH

           It all happened so fast. Before she could finish her statement, she slipped off and went down in a flash. My eyes remained wide as my son's cries stormed into the air but that was the least of my concern at the moment. I rushed over to the window only to find her body lying in her own pool of blood, unmoving.

         Tears brimmed my eyes as I watched the woman I loved bleeding profusely with no sign of life in her eyes. It was a sick sight-sicker than any I've ever seen and I wished it was all in my imagination. Not believing my eyes, I stumbled back, almost hitting the wall behind me. Slumping down to the floor, I let the water works wash over me almost immediately as the image of her lifeless body kept flashing before my eyes.

                    I had pushed her too far.