....

One step.

The piano played softly, bells ringing in the distance causing a perfect fusion.

Two steps.

Flowers were spread evenly along the path that I walked, each rose petal giving colour and vibrance to the environment.

Three steps.

My eyes lifted to the man at the alter, wondering if the decision I was making was the right one. I knew that I didn't have an option but I still couldn't help it question my choices.

Four steps.

My breaths became heavy and my palms sweaty as the bouquet threatened to slip from my hold. Every step I took made my doubts clearer and my thoughts foggy. I couldn't focus on anything as my nerves were all over the place.

Five steps.

I was finally at the alter, facing my soon to be husband who had a clean smile on his face. He looked quite handsome in my thought, every single outline perfect to the bone. His suit fit him as expected, showing off his large bulging muscles.

"We are all here to join these two in holy matrimony for that is all they wish. It is in my most interest to bless them in front of the most holy, gathering his blessings upon them for a successful marriage in the making. Pure in anointment, I ask you, Damien son of Martha and Edward Campbell , do you take Rosette daughter of Patrick and Melanie Crawford to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

It was at this moment that I gazed into his eyes, looking and searching for any doubts but much to my relief, I found none.

yes I do he said, a smile sealing the deal and showing off his pearly teeth in the midst. I couldn't help it let out a breathe of relief and let my heart flutter in thankfulness for it was a decision tough to make but sure to save a life.

"And now, do you Rosette take Damien King to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"No she doesn't! "

Right before I could speak my word, a voice I knew all too well beat me to it. Fear gripped me like a second skin and goosebumps filtered my skin. I couldn't make out how it was possible but I also couldn't deny the fact that I expected this to happen. The few guests we had stood up in unison, confusion written all over their faces.

I slowly turned around only to be met with the same stormy eyes that held no life a few weeks ago. I couldn't fanthom how he was still alive and kicking but neither did I have time to wrack my brain about it. I stared at him, no words leaving my mouth while he stared back, a smirk in place.

        That famous smirk.

I watched unmoving as he took slow steps towards me, his strides covering a lot of ground. Silently, I said prayers to the Almighty, hoping he didn't know about my child because we all knew too well what would go down if he did but it was the words that he spewed next that gave me a sign all hell would break loose.

"Are you lost babygirl?"

If any of you has watched 365 DNI, you know what he's talking about. Anyways, he found her 🤧and it will not end well according to him. I hope you liked this one and I really really hope you guys will vote because it is really disappointing to get so many reads but no votes. But I'm not pressuring anyone 🙌you can do it at your own will. Happy reading 💋