...

ROSETTE

     I wanted to cry, so I cried. It was all I could do. The darkness that surrounded me was terrifying and at a point, I felt that death was better. Elijah rarely came over, leaving me all to myself. Maids came in from time to time to bring food and tend to some of the bruises I had. It had been more than a week since I had been placed in a cage and I had seen a rare glimpse of sunlight.

      My life had become more miserable, worsening from abuse to being a captive. The chains that were around my ankles had dried blood encrusted on them due to the struggling I had done. My legs were then swollen, blue and purple overpowering the pale color of my skin. Dried tears formed lines on my face while the floor was littered with parts of the hair that I plucked out of my head in frustration.

      I had stopped eating the food the maids brought me and it was all for a good cause. Maybe it was poisoned. Maybe that was how he would get rid of me. But if then, why did he marry me? It all seemed too mysterious.

      Just as my train of thoughts was aboard, the main door to what I had learnt was a basement was thrown open. My husband walked in confidently, a smug look on his face. He looked sinfully handsome in his tailored Armani suit and his hair styled to perfection. What a man.

      "I came to collect you since you have already served your punishment."

                   Punishment?

                 What did I do?

      I stared at him, a questioning look on my face but he didn't utter any other words. I felt thrown off by his attitude but kept it in as hard as I could. At least I was getting out of the cage.

      Just as I thought that he would be opening the cage, he picked it up with my frail self still inside and exited the basement. Tears started to spill out of my eyes as I begged him to let me out but the devil wasn't quite persuasive. He continued walking, paying no heed to my sobs.

      We finally came to our room and there, he put me down. With quiet sobs still escaping my mouth, I tried to get his attention.

       "Elijah please let me out. I'm sorry for what I did."

                     Nothing.

       "Elijah I'm begging you,Please."

                     Still nothing.

         "Elijah-"

      "If you want peace between us again then stop dissaproving me and just be a perfect little wife. Is that really hard Rosette? Is it? I don't need you to love me, I just want you to build a family with me, just be with me. You don't have to love me. You just have to stay by me. Until death do us part. "

       I just stared at him the whole time he spoke, wishing I wasn't caught up in such a mess. Maybe if I still had my mom with me, I would've been saved but fate had farther plans in store.

           " Rosette, I'm talking to you. "

               " Please just let me go."

        Those were the words that made him lose his shit and for the whole word to come crumbling down.

Shout-out to my editor CoffeeAddiction