...

ROSETTE

    Bending over for the fifth time today, I filled the toilet bowl with remains of my breakfast, pouring it all out as vomit. It had been going on for days  now, taking away my opportunity of properly digesting my meals and keeping it there. My thoughts on what was happening to me kept eating me up but only one was etched onto my mind, I was pregnant.

                 Definitely.

    I had feared taking the test due to the saddening news I would receive but I already knew it wasn't a possibility, it was the reality. The thought of being a mother had always excited me but I didn't expect it to be in such circumstances at all. I imagined it to be a blessing but it would soon become a curse in my eyes.

     Closing the lid, I slid down to the floor and the waterworks began. The tears seemed too heavy to hold back, each sliding smoothly down my face. I coiled into a ball and rocked back and forward, hoping it was just part of a nightmare but it was clear that it was the harsh reality. The tears fell harder as images of a form of Elijah in my arms sketched into my imagination, making me a sobbing mess.

                        Mommy!

    Its tiny voice came into mind as the title I would bear hit harsh in my brain. The mere thought of it  growing up to be the beast its father shook me to the core, dreading the coldness and evil it would hold.

    The events I had initiated in the mansion appeared from the back of my mind but with a twist.

     My own child was making me go through all of it.

   A knock on the door brought me back to my present as a soft voice alerted me of the room service. Carefully fixing my face, I got up and headed to the main room of the suit to meet with what was taking place. She pushed the strolley she had slowly to a corner and turned to leave but not before sneaking a glance my way.

    I followed behind to close the door after her but something caught my eye. The tattoo she had  on her neck  made my insides churn as I placed my eyes on it, alerting me of danger.

        She was part of Elijah's mafia.

   Hurriedly, I closed the door and started thinking of a plan. To my terrible luck, she noticed the little speculation I had made and made a move. The door was hastily opened and there stood the female spy, a gun in hand and a wicked smile adorning her lips.

                 What now?

        Was this how it was going to end?

     Although I knew my husband had some pretty tight connections with all sorts of people, a spy was the last thing in my mind. Although the feeling of bile running up my throat was getting stronger each second, I had to think of something to get me out of here.

       "So you thought you could just kill the boss and run away?" That raspy voice made the loathing she had for me very clear and defined, justifying her plan to kill me right there.

      "Uh..........ma..ma...maybe?" As much as I wanted to come out as unfazed by her threat, my voice couldn't help it betray me and that got her grinning. The look on her face made it all clear of what was coming next.

     And just when I have a tiny human in
me.

     Without thinking, I blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

              "I'm pregnant."

   She took a step back, surely surprised at my confession and rethinking her actions.

            "With his child?"

   The surprise in her voice couldn't go unnoticed as she seemed to process the whole situation.

                 Good.

    I had just bought myself enough time to get out of here in one piece.

    Just when I was doing a little victory dance in my head, she moved a step closer, back to her original position and aimed her gun straight between my eyes, with more determination than before.

      "That gives me a better reason to get rid of you."

                  Shit.