Chapter 14-Tessa

When I go to collect Emery I know she is not sick I can tell but it's very strange she never lies about being sick "Where's daddy"she sniffles

"He is at a meeting"I tell her and she nods and goes to her room and I follow her down "Em are you sure your really sick and you not just pretending"I ask her and she freezes

"Of course I'm not pretending"

"Are you sure something didn't happen in school"I see her eyes start to water "no....I don't want to talk about it"

"What do you mean"

"It's nothing never mind"she looks at me then turns away "Emery you can tell me anything what happened in school" she hesitates before she speaks

"Oh mommy it was awful"she starts sobbing chocking on her own breath "they..we..were so mean to me"

"Who Em"I pull her into my lap and she puts her hands on my bump "Addy Jody Olive Chloe and Emma"

"Shhh calm down"I wipe away her tears that have falling "they all started saying really mean stuff to me and Addy told me none of the family like me that ever...everyone talks about......me and why do you and dad even love me then she pushed me to the floor while everyone laughed and they all teases me calling me a baby"

"Emery I'm so sorry"I say and we hear the front door open "Tessa"Hardin calls "please don't tell daddy"she pleads and I walk out to Hardin "why is Em's bag here"

"I had to collect her from school"I don't really want to tell him because she will flip but I know I have to "is she ok"

"No something happened to her"

"What tell me"

"A bunch of girls at school including...Addy were been mean to her they all circled her and Addy told her all this stuff that everyone in the family talks about her then she pushed her to the floor"

"They what who is it I want there names and why didn't any teachers  see this Landon works in the damn school where is Emery"

"She is in her room"he walks down and I follow him and Emery is writing in her diary "Em are you ok"he started her and she shoves it under her pillow I can fell she still hasn't stop crying we both walk over to her and sit beside her "I never had anyone treat me like that and I wasn't even been rude I just walked up to them"she tried to say without crying

"What exactly did Addy tell you"he asks "she said no one in the family likes me and that's why we never get invited to anything and yous don't even love me"

"That's it I'm ringing Landon talking about my daughter and everyone else in the family"he jumps up "Hardin calm down we don't know if what addy said is even true"

"Of course it's true Addys a smart kid she wouldn't make that up"he storms out of the bedroom "I knew daddy would get this mad"she covers her face with her hands

"No baby he is not mad at you he is at the girls and there parents"I stroke her hair and she gives me a small smile it's so weird to see her like this she never lets anyone get under her skin and can always stick up for herself that's how I know this was really bad "let's go out and see what he is doing"I take her hand and we walk out to Hardin who is shouting on the phone "Yea we will be there right now don't you worry about that"he hangs up the phone "who was that"

"The principal she wants to come down now to discuss what happened"

"No I don't want to go back there"Emery says "you have to it won't be for long"Hardin tells her .We get to the school and when we get to the school we go into the principal office "Ms Young Mr Scott thank you for coming"we take a seat "I guess you know why I called you here"

"You think"Hardin remarks "We want to hear Emery's side of the story"Emery looks at me and I nod and she tells what happened "well we need to talk about Emery's behaviour"

"What about her behaviour she was the one who felt threatened today"I tell her

"The other students involved told me they have felt...threatened around Emery before"

"That's bullshit"Hardin says "how could 5 girls be threatened by 1 girl my daughter came home in floods of tears because she didn't feel safe in your school"

"She doesn't want to get in trouble because Jodys dad is the head of the school board"Emery says "now I see"I remarks "your scared what this man can do so you don't care about how my daughter feels"

"We care about all of our students"

"Clearly not"he fires back "Mr Scott please do not raise you voice to me"

"I will raise my voice we care about our daughters education and we want her to feel safe where she is"

"Well maybe it's best if Emery takes the rest of this week of it is Thursday she can come back Monday"

"Is that really necessary"I ask her "I think it's what's best"

"That's a fucking joke"Hardin stands up "this school is stupid"

"That's what I'm taking about that cheek"the principal points out

"where going"he takes Emery's hand and walks out from the office "this is a joke our daughter getting punished for something that she didn't even do"

"I have to talk to Landon"I say "oh trust me I will"

"Emery are you ok"

"Im still upset but I'm annoyed now at the principal"her and Hardin both do the same walk when they are annoyed and I can't help but laugh and they both turn there head "what"they both say

"Nothing"

"Your mom is crazy"he says to her and she laughs "Let's go home this school is creeping me the fuck out"

"Hardin stop cursing"I say to him and he wraps his arms about me "let's go home I have some class to make"I feel bad for who ever he is calling