Chapter 39-Hardin

"Your not going to come in here and lecture me about what I did yes I shouldn't have done it and I'm sorry it was wrong bla bla bla"

"Then if you know it was wrong why did you do it"I ask her "I don't know ok I just did"

"Emery that's no excuse"Tessa says and she rolls her eyes "how long do you think you can do this before you get expelled from school how many fights have you had this year already"she asks her

"3"she whispers "and you think that's acceptable no Emery what are you ment to do if you get kicked out of school you need to start thinking of the consequences"Tessa raises her voice and I'm a bit shocked "Mom do you have to act like this is so annoying"

"Don't speak to your mother that way"I scold her "well don't speak to your daughter that way"

"We aren't the ones been rude it's you and you still don't understand the seriousness of what you did"I say to her and she groans and then starts laughing "is something funny"I ask

"Ye yous two think you can come in hear and give out to me what don't you just leave me alone"she lies back on her bed "fine but you can stay in here for the night"I stand to leave and Tessa does the same "goodbye"Emery waves as we walk out and I quickly shut the door "Tessa I'm going to snap"

"Hardin is ok calm down she is trying to get under our skin don't let her"

"No I don't want to say it but she is a brat she is rude we didn't raise her like this I will not let my kids behave this way"

"But what can we do she never listens and we ground her take her back iPad away nothing seems to phase her"

"Maybe it might be stupid but If she talked to someone else like a sort of therapist maybe get to the root of her anger and it might calm her it could be for the better"I say and wait for Tessa's reaction I don't really know how she is going to react to the idea of that "I think we should try it but let it be her choice I don't want to force her to do something she will not be comfortable with I wouldn't want that"

"I agree"I tell her "let's just go make dinner we will talk about it with her after we're done

"Auden Emery dinner"I call and Auden comes running in and Emery doesn't "Auden can you go get your sister"

"Ok"he runs out and a few seconds later he comes back "she isn't there"

"What do you mean"Tessa stops her cooking "she isn't in her room"he shrugs his shoulders and me and Tessa go see what's happening "Hardin where is she gone"

"I don't know we checked the whole house where could she have gone"I say panicked "wait what's that"Tessa says pointing to paper in Emery's bed I ran away from home I won't be back the note reads "where could she have run of to Hardin we have to find her before if gets dark...Auden buddy quick"she calls Auden "Tess you take the car I'll walk keep your phone on"I tel Khmer and she nods leaving the apartment

My heart is racing where could she have gone