Chapter 46-Emery

Today I get to miss school because I'm going to see a therapist we just dropped Auden at kindergarten

We are waiting in the waiting room I'm kinda nervous I hope the person is nice "Emery Scott"a women comes out she kinda looks like my nana Karen "you'll be ok"my dad smiles and I follow the women into the room

"Emery you can take a seat there"she points to the chair as I look around the room it's full of different toys "I'm Vanessa"she says "are you nervous"

"A little bit"

"There's no need to be I promise we are just going to talk"she tells me "you look like my nana"

"I do she must be very pretty"

"She is"I smile thinking of my nana I haven't seen her in ages "how are you I feeling today Emery"

"Mmmm I feel ok"

"Think about the question how to you feel today what emotions are you feeling"

"I felt nervous"

"Why"

"Because I never was here before but I feel clam now because so here"

"I want you to lie back and close your eyes"I do as she says and lay down "think about what makes you angry"

"Usually when someone is annoy me like my parents or someone in my class or my little brother"

"And what do you do when your angry"

"Usually scream or hit someone or smash something"

"And does it help the situation"

"Most of the time no I end up been in trouble"I tell her "and why do you get annoyed at your parents"

"Well....they always give out to me everything is my fault even when Auden does it and he never gets in trouble they always say oh Emery he is only a little kid he wouldn't do anything bad but I'm a little kid to like one time Auden drew on my bedroom walls and my parents thought it was cute but he ruined my walls"I start to get a bit annoyed "and does this bother you"

"Yes he gets everything he wants I always get told no you have to many toys or you are to many sweets but they don't know how to tell him no and In the mornings I hear them giggling in there bedroom and sometimes I look threw the door and they are laughing and cuddling"I feel a tear drop from my eye and I quickly wipe it away embarrassed

"Emery it's ok"she takes my hand "you can let your emotions of in here"

"I...just I don't know why I'm crying I love my brother to do but sometimes I wish it was just me and my parents sometimes"

"Do you think that's why your getting upset your not that close to your parents"she says and I nod "it probably sounds stupid"

"No it's ok to feel this way it can be hard having younger siblings what age where you when your brother was born"

"6"

"So for a long time it was just the 3 of use"

"Ye...are you going to tell my parents what I said"

"Anything said in here says between us unless if was something really serious and I had to tell here do you want a tissue"I nod and she hands me one "I hope to see you again"she says and I smile "I'll be back"I say and leave the room "how was it sweetie"my mom says "good"I wipe my eyes "hunny where you crying"she lifts my chin up "just a little I'm ok where's dad"

"Auden got sick at kindergarten he had to go collect him"she says and I roll my eyes without her noticing of course when I'm doing something important something happens to Auden typical