💙thirteen

🌿🍀🍀🌿

Xiao Zhan smiles at Ji Jun and Yixao as they play with their cars in the playroom.

Xiao Zhan hugs his knees and slowly closes his eyes

I wonder why Xuan Ge left Jiyang.... I get that he's a busy celebrity... But did he have to leave Jiyang, and abandon his own daughter?

Xiao Zhan jumped as he heard a knock behind him.

"Kids, the snacks are ready."

"Awesome!"

Yixao and Ji Jun yelled in sync. Xiao Zhan chuckles, and watched the kids slide under Yibo's leg and ran to their snacks .

"What's up with you? You've awfully quiet than usual." Yibo said, taking a seat beside Xiao Zhan. The younger shrugs, resting his chin on his knees.

"There's just alot in my head..."

"I always thought there was nothing in your head."

"Look who's talking!"

Xiao Zhan grumbles, hitting Yibo's shoulder. The elder laughs, looking Xiao Zhan's wrists.

"But seriously, what's been on your mind?"

Xiao Zhan sighs, and slowly pulls his wrists back.

"... I... When you found out your ex was pregnant... Have you thought about leaving Her?"

"No, in fact, I thought it was a chance to create a happy family. Even though I was a celebrity, I still wanted a life behind those cameras. But she betrayed me, and left Yixao and I."

"But... How come you kept ignoring Yixao?"

"I just didn’t know how to understand  a child. When my ex was pregnant, we were still together. I thought that, us two will learn to take care of a child together, so I didn’t think much. But then she left. I didn’t have anyone to learn from."

"What about your parents?"

"They never liked my ex. If they don't like my ex, then they don't like my son."

"Ohh.."

Yibo ruffles Xiao Zhan's hair with a wide grin, surprising the younger.

"But then I met you, and I finally started to understand my son. Thanks to you, Yixao and I are as close as ever."