Chapter 1

🤬Inappropriate language in this chapter!🤬

Growing up in La Push, Washington has always had its ups and downs. The down side is being related to my brother Paul. All the girls want him and all the guys want to be him. My name is Davina Lahote, I am 16 years old and this is my story. Of love and loss. The start of friendship and the end to others.

It has been six months since me and my brother have talked, he barely comes home any more and with dad on the road all the time for "work" so he says. It gets pretty lonely. Today is one of the rare mornings that he is around.

Walking up to see my brother laying on my bedroom floor

Walking up to see my brother laying on my bedroom floor. I almost stepped on him. "What are you doing in my room?" I say putting my feet on his back making him jump up.

"God, your feet are cold!" He yells at me. "You had a nightmare, that's why I'm here." He said with annoyance in his voice.

"Don't see why you even care!?!" I say getting up and leaving my room.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He says following me down the stairs. "Of course I care!" He growls at me. I roll my eyes at him.

"Please!!! We haven't talked in six months and you are never home just like dad." I say with venom in my voice as I walk away from him. He grabs my arm to stop me.

"D! That's not fair, I have a lot going on right now!" He says with sadness in his voice. I grab an apple for my breakfast.

"Yeah! Whatever! I have to get ready for work!" I say walking back up the stairs to my room.

"Work?! Since when do you have a job?" He asks, following me again.

"Since dad doesn't leave enough cash for food for your fat ass!" I say closing my bedroom door. I can hear him muttering at my door. Changing into jeans and a white shirt, brushing my hair and putting it into a ponytail, grabbing my shoes and opening my door to Paul still standing there. "What?" I ask, looking at him.

"What time do you get off work?" He asks with a sad look in his eyes.

"I get off at 4... But I have plans after work. Why?" I say/ask him.

"Plans with who?" He yells at me.

"Why do you care?" I yell back at him.

"Because you're my baby sister and I think I have a right to know what you are doing and who you are doing it with." He yells back at me, his body slightly shaking.

"Yeah... Well, I think you and dad lost that right about six months ago. You know when I became invisible to the both of you!" I yell as tears start to fall down my face.

"D!..." Paul starts but I cut him off. But I could hear the sadness in his voice.

"No!" I yell at him. "You have both made it clear that I'm an inconvenience to the two of you. So do me a favor and leave me alone. That should be easy enough for you right?" I yell grabbing my car keys and walking out the house to only bump into Sam and Jared.