i

IT WAS ANOTHER SUNNY morning as you slipped out of your covers, rubbing your eyes groggily in the process. your eyes scanned your room, mesmerised by the soft golden rays of the early morning sun reflecting on your white walls --- this somehow became a routine of yours as soon as you welcomed a new day.

today was a tuesday; another busy day at work, you assumed. you were the secretary of the ceo of the famous non-life insurance company, trelra insurance co. inc. setting appointments for those people, specifically elites, who wished to have a meeting with your boss; writing down the minutes of meetings as accurate as you could; and being able to establish good communication and relationships with the company's business partners was what you mostly do on a daily basis. including, of course, organising and safekeeping of significant files and papers.

you were now preparing for work. slipping on your stilettos as you fixed your blazer, you grabbed your handbag and walked out of your apartment, making your way towards the small café, you usually stop by at, to buy a cup of coffee and maybe some toast to serve as your breakfast before attending to work.

reaching your destination, you pushed the glass doors open, allowing the fragrant aroma of pastries to embrace you.

settling with just a serve of pa amb tomàquet and some latte, you occupied a table for one near the counter as you happily ate away. checking the time on your wristwatch. 07:52, it read. i still have enough time. work starts at 08:15.

while indulging in the food you had ordered, your phone rang, signaling that someone has called. fishing your phone from your bag, you answered. hange zoe.

"hello, good morning hange!" you happily greeted the brunette from the other side of the line.

"hi, y/n! good morning bb!" you heard hange shout from the other end, making you cover your ear in the process all the while chuckling softly.

hange was a good friend you made back in your college days. she was always so lively each morning, rubbing off her lively aura on you. she was always the optimistic type and you couldn't thank the heavens enough for sending her. she was with you all throughout, whether it be from heartbreaks and failed relationships; to failing the exams; to celebrating for topping the midterms; basically almost everything. your friendship with her was a really strong bond. she was with you through ups and downs after all.

"what made you call me this early, hange?" you asked before sipping from your latte.

"i just wanted to greet you a good morning. am i not allowed to do that now?" she asked.

"no, you are free to do whatever you want to do. but, it's just so unusual," you paused, "not like i'm complaining or what."

"awie, you are as observant as ever. but, you are right," she mused, "i called you because i wanted you to meet someone later," she happily told you. great, she's setting me up again. i knew it, something was totally wrong.

"hm, what if i'd tell you that i am not interested?" you asked, subconsciously cocking an eyebrow.

"c'mon, y/n. you're like 24 now and you're still single as fuck," she replied, matter-of-factly, "all you do is work, work, work. you're not even dating your boss, mr. arlert guy."

"you know all my exes, hange. and how they were all pieces of shit," you sighed, "i don't want a boy, i need a man. plus, armin is just a friend and, of course, my boss." yes, y/n. blackpink reference.

"oh, you're such a buzzkill. whatever. i'll call you again later but, you have a date after work. i'll text you the details"

"oh, i'm certainly no-" you were cut off by your best friend.

"you are certainly going. no means yes, bitch. goodbye," she said, soon hanging up. you sighed in defeat, knowing that there's no going around with hange. she'd find you wherever you went and force you to go to whatever blind date she's set up.

finishing your breakfast, you took your handbag with you as your stilettos made audible click clack's as you made your way outside the shop.

"great! now, i'm going to be late," you muttered under your breath after checking the time on your wristwatch.

a few minutes later, you arrived at your desired destination. entering the elevators, you pressed '13' and waited for the lift to reach the 13th floor.

ding!

you entered the glass doors and everyone, soon, greeted you as you strode towards armin's office.

"good morning, sir," you said whilst opening the doors of the ceo's office.

"hi, y/n!" armin replied, flashing you a smile. i can't fall for my boss. he's off limits, y/n.

you slightly bowed before apologizing, "i am so sorry for being late for about," you paused, looking at your wristwatch," about 6 minutes."

armin chuckled in response, "no worries. you're barely late to work so, i assumed something happened?" the blonde asked you, his ocean blue eyes piercing through your own as you felt a blush on your cheeks.

"a-ah, a friend called and needed help," you stuttered, looking away from his gaze as you made your way towards your desk.

"ah, i see," armin shortly replied, making his way to sit on his chair, "so, you have any plans after work today?"

-

"dad! dad!" the 5-year-old called out to his father who was still cooking breakfast for them.

"what is it, kiana?" eren asked his daughter, looking over his shoulder to see her jumping up and about.

"we're going to the dentist today, right? because of my loose tooth? right, daddy? right?" she happily asked, excitement flowing through her veins. she was always excited when it came to dental appointments, despite her actually crying before the tooth was out, because of the ice cream her father would buy for her.

eren couldn't help but soften at the sight of his daughter, seeing to it as she got the eyes and lips of her mother while she got his nose and hair color. he loved her to the moon and back and was willing to go as far as hurting the people who'd put kiana in any kind of pain. he swore to himself that day she was born that he'd protect her at all costs. she's all i have left.

"yes, we are. but, you have to behave properly at the clinic or else-"

"or else, no ice cream after. i know, daddy," kiana continued his father's statement, sending him a sheepish grin right after.

eren slightly shook his head whilst softly chuckling. of course she knows. "alright, eat up. we're leaving around 10 today," eren told kiana as she nodded in response, settling on the chair and soon, indulging in the food placed on the dining table.

°°°

so yay, the first chapter is out
lolol so i clearly misunderstood stuff
i'm sorry for those who read it before i edited this chapter
thank you for telling me love youuu <3