xxxii

FOR ALL YOU KNEW it was now the day of the 35th annual celebration of levi ackerman's company wherein you were eren's plus one. you stood in front of your mirror, eyeing your reflection only to be stunned at how the gown hange had given you years back perfectly complimented your features.

the party starts at exactly 7 in the evening, being greatfully aware that eren's boss was someone who strictly observed punctuality along with cleanliness. it was currently 25 minutes to go before 7 and you had just awaited for your phone to ring, signalling that eren was already by the entrance to pick you up as he said so.

the way the gown slightly touched the floor had made you doubt if it was you that was on the mirror. you looked different ー the good different ー and seeing how this was the first time you wore this in years made you think about how hange knew you really well to purchase something that'd fit you on the first try.

your hair was put up into a semi-ponytail with a few of your hair falling on the sides of your face. you only wore light make up since you've never been up for that idea in years, however today was an exception with a reason you could never identify.

sitting long enough in front of your dresser table made you anxious if you really had looked good enough, especially that you've tried to conceal those dark bags under your eyes for staying up late at night just to cry your heart out. after all, that sunday was something you could never forget though it had been 6 days from then.

slipping into your cream-colored heels, you looked at your self at the mirror for the last time. "it's just a party anyways," you muttered under your breath before sighing as you walked up to your soft bed.

five minutes have passed and it was already 6:45 in the evening yet your phone hasn't rang. "eren hasn't called yet," you spoke as you reached for your phone that was seated on one of your pillows.

then the phone rang. lmao, i jinxed it.

"hey, you down there already?" you immediately asked after answering the phone.

"yeah, i'll be waiting," eren replied. and with that, the phone call ended as you stood up from your bed, grabbing your purse, phone, and keys in the process.

turning off the lights in your apartment and locking the door, you made your way towards the elevator to make it to the first floor. you pressed the 'arrow down' button and waited for the elevator to reach your floor.

ding!

the metal doors opened and you, soon, walked in the lift as there were two more passengers already inside ー none of them you knew.

ding!

the doors had opened once again as you had stepped out and immediately spotted a familiar car in hazard mode in front of the entrance. your heels had made audible click clack's on the marble floor of the lobby of your apartment building as you headed towards the german's car.