ix

THE COLD AIR COMING from the ac's in the conference room was prohibiting you to focus on listening intently to the discussion all the while jotting down important notes for the minutes of the meeting. it was too cold for you to tolerate, even though you're wearing a blazer to match with your attire for today. the slightly heavy rain pouring outside wasn't even helping, making it two times colder now. how are these people able to tolerate such temperature? did they even put the ac's on high cool even under this weather?

you subtly clasped your hands together to, at least, feel a little warmth as you gripped the pen, letting it glide down on the surface of the paper which was placed on the desk in front of you. the exact time the meeting commenced, the complete date of today, the topics that were being discussed in this meeting and a few of its descriptions, the people who were invited and attended ー you wrote all those down. it was your job as the executive officer after all, despite it being a difficult task and, of course, tiring since, here you were, trying your very best to list down all the important stuff as accurate as possible.

you haven't even had the time to check your phone today since you basically overslept and had to rush all the way to work, even skipping the most important meal of the day as you basically sprinted all the way to the thirteenth floor in your stilettos.

"i believe that, that would, uhm, end our meeting for today. thank you very much," armin said, smiling warmly at everyone in the meeting room. you honestly felt relieved that the meeting had finally adjourned after what felt like years being surrounded by a very cold atmosphere, internally celebrating that you could finally exit this whole place.

soon enough, you kept all the stuff you've brought with you ー your phone, a pen, and a notebook where you've written almost everything that had been discussed in the conference that were of great significance. you stood there behind your chair as you patiently waited for armin to finish talking and shaking hands with a few businessmen.

a good few minutes later, the blonde soon approached you as you smiled at him. "ready to go, mr. arlert?" you asked him, a playful smile tugging on your lips as you turned to look at him.

"don't call me that, y/n. it's just us," he replied, laughing softly as you both walked side by side out the conference room.

now in the hallways of the building, you let out a deep breath, like you've held it in for hours now, "finally, i'm out of that hell," you muttered. "i couldn't understand how you could tolerate such cold temperature. the rain's a very big help, too," you added.

"it was cold, alright," armin started, "but, i've spent most of the time standing up from my seat and explaining and/or discussing the contents on the slides. so, i can't just allow the shivering air to take over."

you nodded in response. "right. but, you could, you know, have a choice to tell them to actually lower the thermostat," you brought up to the blonde beside you as his cerulean orbs were looking through your own. "b-but, u-uhm, that was j-just m-my opinion," you defended, immediately embarrassed for thinking out too loud.