xviii

"HM, MY WIFE THEN?"

"HM, MY WIFE THEN?"

"what?" was the only thing that you could muster, staying glued to your spot, both of your feet suddenly forgetting how to walk; and your voice barely above a whisper as you had only god knows how many tabs your mind was opening right now. you were internally hoping that kiana would plug an earphone out and butt in into this conversation you and the german's sharing since you felt terribly awkward standing idly in the middle of your apartment while gulping a few seconds here and there.

badump. badump. badump.

my fucking heart oh my glob.

can someone help me yeet myself out of here until i'd be able to put my shit together?, you thought to yourself whilst trying to keep a calm demeanor so as to not allow eren to tease you even more. it's barely bearable, oh god.

"so, i-"

"ms. y/n?" the little girl beside him cut him off, "may i go to your room and stay there?" kiana asked of you, her right hand holding the earphone she plugged out of her ear while the other held eren's phone as her eyes more or less pleaded for you to say 'yes.'

putting a warm smile on your face, you nodded your head whilst saying words of permission to her as your eyes had followed her small figure hold on to the door knob of your room and soon closed it right after, hearing faint cheers from the child as she jumped onto your bed. "awie, what a cutie. i don't even know on what circumstances she'd call me 'mommy' or 'ms. y/n,'" you said under your breath as your focus was now averted to the faint cheers and laughs ー of kiana jaeger inside your room ー from the handsome lad sitting comfortably on your living room couch.

eren's teal green hues were fixated on you this whole time, smiling to himself seeing your form smiling, as well, as your e/c eyes were on the white door of your room. you were really that someone who just casually walked through and brought them closer ー as well as them closer to you. he had never thought he'd be failing the single task he's been putting on himself for years now; he had never thought that he was finally going to agree with his brunette of a good friend, hange zoe; he had never thought that it was possible for him to find someone new and set his eyes on someone new after mikasa ackerman had died five years ago; he had never thought that it was entirely possible for you to flip his world over and allow him to start anew. yes, this feeling was kind of new as of now since he had lost that spark within him that night of his wife's death, nonetheless he was still thankful of your very existence. after all, he had now understood as to why his blood was boiling when you told him of how zeke had treated you before; how your voice would occasionally quiver when you shared to him your one hell of a love story featuring zeke jaeger himself; how he wished for you to run to him whenever you felt down or just plain shitty; and how he thought it was nice of you if you could stay with them 24/365. he had now figured out that he loved you all this time.