xxviii

CLICK

CLICK. CLACK. CLICK. CLACK.

the morning sun was shining softly over you as it had just risen to welcome a new day. you were now headed to the usual café you'd go to for breakfast before attending to work ー the same café where you met the handsome german, eren jaeger, and his daughter, kiana.

it was about 5 months ago when you'd met them, but it felt like a year. the feeling that filled your heart that day wasn't the same as the current for you felt sad about hange's death. the wound it left was still fresh and it dug deep within you, especially when the same brunette had called you that day to inform you about the blind date she'd set up and how she got you late. you felt like taking a sick leave just for today, but that would mean a deduction in salary, so you decided otherwise.

entering the small café you've grown accustomed to, the all too familiar fragrant aroma of pastries had welcomed you. walking towards the counter, the same woman who attended to your orders that fateful day you and eren had met was stationed there.

"good morning, y/n," she greeted you so casually since you've been a regular customer, "the usual?"

you smiled whilst slightly nodding your head as you paid the needed amount of money. turning on your heel, you occupied a table for one, patiently waiting for your order to be served. e/c hues have wandered outside the vicinity of the small shop you were in as the city streets were slowly getting congested due to students and adults rushing to get to their respective destinations.

it was another normal day though it wasn't in the slightest from your perspective. "here, y/n," the woman said whilst resting your order on the wooden table, "enjoy!"

you immediately indulged in your food, considering the time you have left to get to work. checking the time on your wristwatch, it read 07:52. you sighed as this situation was the same as five months back wherein hange had disturbed your peaceful morning with a blinde date she'd set up. reminiscing all those, a pained smile had crept up your lips as the ringing of your phone had resonated the empty, aesthetic café.

eren jaeger.

sliding your phone to the right, you answered the call. "hey, boo," you greeted him oh so casually before sipping from your latte.

"hm?" eren said, evident that he was slightly confused on how you had addressed him, "ah, i see. where are you now, baby?" he added, being the great tease that he is.

the sudden endearment he had called you made you choke on your coffee as you reached out for a glass of water, earning a laugh from the german from the calling end. "shut up, don't call me that. we're not a thing," you defended though by this time, a blush had rose to your cheeks and tinted them a pinkish red and your ears feeling hot.