xxi

HE FISHED HIS PHONE out to take a photo of the girl he learned to love and his daughter who were, once again, munching on their cups of ice cream since kiana asked for one

HE FISHED HIS PHONE out to take a photo of the girl he learned to love and his daughter who were, once again, munching on their cups of ice cream since kiana asked for one. pressing the shutter button to steal a picture of the two, he smiled to himself, looking back at the time when he had closed his heart off to any romantic relationship with other women other than mikasa, even after her death. what was i even thinking back then? eren had thought to himself, now staring at the image he had taken a few seconds ago without you two noticing.

if this was a dream, then he would choose to sleep and stay here forever, wishing that this day wouldn't come to an end. yours and kiana's laughs had resonated in his ears as you both talked about eren's childhood and how he came to be the him of today.

"daddy even peed his pants when he was 12 and when grandma had asked him about it, he'd say that," kiana paused, taking in a deep breath to speak once more, now trying to mimic her dad's voice, "it's just a wet dream, don't worry about it," the little girl shamelessly shared it to you, making you burst into a fit of laughter.

"oh god, tha-" you expressed whilst wiping a fake tear away from your eyes, but soon paused, now realising that a 5-year-old just spoke about a wet dream. hold up. does she even know what that is? you asked yourself, trying to remember if what she really had blurted out were those two words.

eren wasn't even listening to your conversation as his head was somewhere else. his thoughts had never failed to fall back on that specific spot he'd look upon that time before riding the carousel. it had intrigued him to the point that he wished to know about it this instant, however had no other choice but to act calm and collected to raise no suspicions from you when he was well aware of how observant you were when it came to people's changes of behavior. something's really up, but what the fuck is it?

"eren," you called out to him but to no avail since the german had not even bothered to turn to look at your direction and spare you some of his attention.

"eren."

nothing.

"boo," you said, hoping to get his attention by using such an endearment to someone whom you haven't even properly answered his confession yet, "who told kiana about wet dreams?"

he had his teal green orbs now fixated on you, trying to act oblivious of the fact that you were blushing crimson red now at the mere thought of what was in that dream. your e/c hues that held such curiousity and slight anger had never tore away from his gaze as you gripped his arm lightly. you somehow were bothered, and what was more frustrating was that you wished to know whoever was in that dream years back. am i jealous or what? you mentally asked yourself that, it's not like they've had se- no wait. he had, had sex.

"hm? is this your way of requesting to check in, in a hotel or what, babe?" he asked you, the slight frown he had on his face had now dissipated as it was replaced with a smirk. the german soon erupted into a fit of laughter at your change of expression and demeanor, greatly noticing how your features had blushed an even darker shade of red. it had left eren to think if it was even possible for someone to blush like they've had an internal hemorrhage since the blush that was painted on your cheeks had spread all throughout your face and had became two times darker the shade. at that moment, you just wished you hadn't been that affected since it was merely a joke and a joke alone, right?