xxvi

[three days later]

[three days later]

YOU now had been discharged from the hospital as your mind raced with excitement to see the beautiful and lively sky once again though your heart had ached after knowing that the person you had considered your best friend and your sister had now went back home.

eren had prepared you a dress, saying that he had spotted it on a mannequin at a certain boutique as he had went out to grab a few drinks and food from the nearest mall and supermarket a week ago, and he thought it'd look really good on you so he gave it to you as a gift. you never really had anything against dresses, but wearing another dress after wearing a hospital gown for three days straight was lucky, isn't it?

holding on to the soft cloth of the salmon-colored curtains, you had shoved them to the side to see the breathtaking view of the afternoon sky. it was around four in the afternoon, your e/c hues locked onto the fascinating mixture of gold, yellow, orange, and red as it had collided with one another to paint the once blue sky as a few birds had flew in small groups.

you were alone in your room right now as the two had offered to be the ones to process the last procedures before you three left the place. in those three days, there were things you were elated to be aware of, while you felt down and lost upon hearing the rest. those three days of your life had taken a great leap as it suddenly changed its course, causing you to feel equally intrigued and anxious at the same time.

in those three days, you heard that zeke had now been arrested and put to prison charged with a lifetime imprisonment for murder and illegal possession of a gun without official license. feeling relief wash over your form at the very thought of it, a smile had crept up onto your lips. you were happy to know that the awfully dangerous blonde was now under the authority and supervision of the police, feeling as though something heavy has been pulled out of your chest.

and as for the blonde woman, yelena, she had also been imprisoned for being involved in illegal business. she was also held responsible for the deaths she had brought upon innocent individuals, charged with the same sentence as her partner in crime. she knew that this was one hell of a mistake, but at least she had been guaranteed of her mother's safety and good health despite how things turned out to be. with the money zeke has given her, it was more than enough to suffice all the medical bills and medications issued by the attending doctor.

falco grice. he was sort of an accomplice to the crime as he had done such acts of kidnapping and bribery to a 5-year-old child, however he was only charged with a few years of imprisonment seeing that he had really no intention of inflicting harm to the little girl, saying that he had just done what he was asked ー more like forced to do.

"you know what, hange?" you muttered under your breath, "you're an idiot sometimes. i don't get it why you'd have to do such thing to just protect my problematic ass of a being."