xxiv

"WHERE DO WE MEET UP?" eren asked, wishing so desperately to cut his brother's head off for taking the two most treasured people in his life as anger was the only dominant feeling he had felt as of the moment

hange had already explained to him, through the phone, how they were able to know where zeke may be and a possible hunch as to where he had brought you two. as if luck was rushing to get to eren's side, there was this secret investigation that had occurred a week back wherein yelena was found purchasing something at a certain convenience store ー a great coincidence as hange was on the same shop to buy a cup of coffee as she decided to take a break.

the brunette with glasses was busy choosing over which cup of coffee she'd get when she had accidentally hit the woman beside her when she practically danced out of nowhere. "light it up like dynamite oh o-" she paused, growing anxious if she had hurt the woman beside her as she immediately apologised, turning to face her as a force of habit.

as if fate was playing with their cards right, zoe had pushed back the hood of yelena's hoodie which seemed to cover her face and that along with her blonde bangs that stopped right on top of her eyebrows. "it's alright," yelena calmly assured her, trying to press down the growing fear pooling at the pit of her heart. she knew full well that the current business she was now meddling in was illegal, but it was hard to stop, especially that she's getting good profit from it to at least pay half of her mother's daily hospital expenses; the bloodlust too.

"i just came back to get my phone," the blonde woman announced as if just trying to act like a normal and casual person. fixing up her hood to pull it over her head, she walked out of the shop, intriguing hange zoe even more.

despite her figure now out of the convenience store, the brunette acted as if she wasn't even paying her attention so as to not get suspicious. and now, her finger was still up about pointing to each kind of coffee the vending machine of the shop had, having an internal debate within herself.

now noticing that yelena was nowhere near cautious around the area, the brunette immediately exited the shop and deciding to just get a cup of coffee later after following the blonde woman. seeing as she had entered a taxi and drove away, she also went to her car and followed them, trying to act as casual and as normal as possible.

"where is this woman even heading to?" hange muttered to herself.

"zeke's home," she simply replied, "we're meeting up there, however you must be the one seen first so that zeke would think you were blinded too much by your anger to seek help from officials."

eren hummed in response, turning the key to the right that was inserted in the keyhole to start the engine as his mind was already rummaging through various scenes of him inflicting pain on both of you which fueled his flames of anger.

"alright, i'll leav-"

"wait, eren," hange told him, "this is your only 'independent' act of the plan, so better keep in mind to work well and cooperate with us."