iv

IT WAS NOW A few minutes before 5 in the afternoon. eren was in a huge meeting room as their company talked about their sales and the possible projects they'd be doing this year, hoping that their sales would skyrocket and, of course, be able to maintain good relationships with their business partners. the meeting commenced around two in the afternoon with the ceo of their company, levi ackerman, taking lead of whatever necessary topic they talked about for their sole benefit as well as their partners.

the meeting room was now silent as levi flashed the last parts of their plans on the screen. a few words came out of the raven-haired male's mouth as he briefly discussed the content on the current slide. soon after, the meeting had finally adjourned. eren wasn't really into the discussions that went on inside as he completely relied on the minutes of the meeting the company's secretary would happily provide an hour or two after the conference. his mind was still somewhere else --- more like, on that meet-up he agreed to attend to.

he sighed for the nth time today as he regret not declining the brunette, hange zoe. she was a good friend of him and hange exactly knew what hell eren had went through. she was there at the funeral of his deceased wife, mikasa. and that was the time, hange had saw eren's eyes were somewhat lifeless. his teal green orbs were so dull, as well as how the man spoke and acted towards everyone else. those two years after mikasa's death, eren looked like a walking corpse who only knew how to wake up and take care of his daughter. hanging out or even talking to friends? those events were completely absent in those two years of the german's life. but, hange knew that there was still hope. there were so many girls out there who would still love him and his daughter dearly, just as how mikasa, or even more than mikasa did. he was still young after all, but was that even enough for him to be in another relationship?

he was now walking out of the building and heading towards the parking lot where his car was. fishing his keys from his pocket, he pressed the 'open' control on the small remote along with his car keys. the keys were dangling as the car sounded off an indication that it was now unlocked. he opened the door in the driver's seat as he got in, and soon started the engine. he slowly shifted from first to second until third gear, maneuvering the steering wheel with his right hand as he exited the parking lot. he quickly checked the address hange had sent him.

xxx restaurant? that's like a 20-minute drive away.

his eyes were focused on the road as he slowly stepped on the brake pedal, seeing as the traffic lights have shifted from green to yellow to red. 45 seconds, 44, 43,...

-

you had just gotten out of your workplace. you had totally forgot that hange told you to get off from work around 4:50, but you were too immersed in your thoughts and the amount of work you had done and needed to do that you lost track of time. you fast-walked out of the elevator as you basically ran in your heels out of the building. seeing a familiar black car in hazard mode, you could quite make up the silhouette of hange from inside her car.