xx

KIANA HELD BOTH YOUR hands as she walked in between the two of you, jumping excitedly and squealing here and there as her field of vision caught sight of the ride she certainly wanted to be on ー the carousel

"mommy! daddy! let's ride that together," she enthusiastically suggested whilst looking up at the two of you, wishing that you two would agree, "i'd be in the middle horse; daddy would be in the inner horse; and you, ms. y/n on the outer one so that i'm the one in the middle!" she exclaimed.

"hm, sure. why not?" you said, smiling at her warmly as she celebrated, now turning to look at her father for his confirmation. "how about you, daddy? pweash agree~" the little girl pleaded him.

eren's face had held such emotion that you were trying to decipher. it looked as if he was bothered by something, but wished to stay silent; his teal green orbs looked disturbed as he felt very uneasy from within. he, himself, couldn't understand why or what was bothering him as he tried to convince himself that it was just a random feeling that had pushed through and that he was just overthinking stuff. you, somehow, noticed this, the internal desire to ask him about his well-being was strong and was hard to suppress, but you decided to ask anyway. "are you okay, eren?" you asked, "is something bothering you?"

"no, nothing. let's go?" he answered, waving off your question with a lie. the least he wanted to cause you was worry. this day was supposed to go well and you'd be sharing smiles, laughs, and even memories, so he shook the thought away whilst gesturing for the two of you to go on ahead. you nodded, not wanting to anger him or whatsoever so you agreed.

he followed right behind you two as he turned his head to look over his shoulder to a place that he found oddly disturbing and suspicious. seeing as there was no one, he continued on his tracks, draping his arm on your shoulder.

"ugh, that was close," the guy hidden sighed, placing a hand over his chest to calm his fast-beating heart. i wish i had never agreed, but this is all for zeke.

-

"who was that even?" she curiously asked the male walking around the room as her eyes had never left his form. he had just gotten out of work, calling in sick and had an emergency to attend to, thus was given permission to leave early. zeke was now here in the underground room of his home with the woman he had cheated on you with, yelena. his glasses sitted rightly on the bridge of his nose, his other hand tucked into his pocket while the other held the phone that was used to communicate with his trusted underling. the top two buttons on his white polo shirt now unbuttoned as he had undid them minutes ago whilst tossing his coat to the nearby couch situated in the middle of the room.

jaeger didn't answer yelena's question, continuing to head towards the shelf he had placed near his work desk that was filled with a few stacked papers as he grabbed something from in between the books.