ii

YOU WERE IN ARMIN'S office, going through important files and other paperworks that will be needed to be signed by the ceo. you have been at this for a few hours now, basically ever since you've arrived, this was what you have been doing. setting aside less important documents isn't that hard, isn't it? however, it was, especially if your focus wasn't on the papers you were organising but, on the blind date hange had set up --- the date you couldn't say no to.

you kept repeating the simple task from the very start. as soon as you were able to set aside the important files, you'd notice that you have accidentally mixed a few papers in the wrong stack. you sighed in frustration as you decided to start all over again. you gently massaged your temples as you heaved a long breath, fixing your hair in a messy bun as you redid your work. armin had noticed this as his cerulean orbs were filled with worry. he hasn't seen you this stressed just from segregating papers by their relevance since you've done this ever so often.

he, soon, tried to think of something to at least help you. you've been serving him and this company of his for 5 years now and he has seen you more than just his secretary but, also as a dear friend. many ideas came rushing in but, he would shake those away, not satisfied of each. his train of thoughts were interrupted as he heard a deep sigh erupt from your slightly agape mouth as you rested your head on the palm of your hand. "ugh, just stop thinking about it," you muttered under your breath as squeezed your eyes shut.

armin worryingly turned to you, "are you okay, y/n? are you feeling well? do you wish to take the day off to rest?" he threw a lot of questions at you, worry and concern evident in his tone of voice.

"a-ah, don't worry about me armin. i am completely okay," you paused, shifting your gaze from his stare to the papers on your desk, "just a little distracted."

"you wanna talk about it?" he offered, "so as long as you are comfortable, of course. i'm just w-worried i-is all," he added as a light blush came to color his cheeks.

you sent him a smile before replying, "thank you for your concern, armin. but, seriously i am totally okay. see, i'm alive and kickin'," you joked, laughing slightly afterwards to ease the heavy tension that was slowly progressing.

he hummed in response as he turned back to his work. he was signing a few papers you gave him two days before as he ought to finish them by today, his pen gliding swiftly on the smooth surface of the paper. he was still lost in thought, still trying to put two and two together so that he may be, at least, of help to you. he wanted to do so, as he thought it would be nice to do something for you in return of all you did to save his ass and the company he's running. after all, he had plans after work.

turning to look at your distressed form, he called out to you, "uhm, y/n? could you do me a favor?"

"yes. what is it, armin?" you replied, a smile plastered on your lips as your e/c hues stared at his own.