x

"HEY, Y/N," ARMIN CALLED out to you. you looked up from the amount of paperwork you had sprawled out on your desk as the rays of the 10 o'clock sun shone through the wide window of the blonde's office. "could you contact ruben? i kind of forgot to tell him to include a whole pack of sub16 and sub20 bond papers when he left a while ago," he requested.

you thought for a moment, trying to remember if you ever had a contact number of the said man. you reached for your phone, which was sitting idly on your wooden desk, and checked your contacts. scrolling through your phonebook, there was no contact saved under 'ruben.' "uhm, armin?"

the blonde only hummed in response.

you continued, "i haven't saved his number. i think it's still been days since we had a new messenger from the same agency, and yeah, explains stuff," you explained, a sheepish grin on your lips, rubbing the nape of your neck with your left hand.

armin waved it off while chuckling softly at you, "do you think the others have?" he asked, his cerulean orbs fixated on his laptop as he did so.

you stood up from your chair and made your way outside his office, "i'll go ask them. i'm sure he hasn't bought all those materials yet," you told the blonde as you shut the door behind you softly. walking towards the accountant's cubicle, since it was nearer to the pantry where ruben usually stays, you decided to ask porco. "hey, you got ruben's number? armin needed to tell him somethi-"

you were cut off by a box being abruptly put onto the ground as the other workers turned to look in the direction it came from, including you and porco. your eyes widened, seeing that it was ruben himself, back from purchasing all those office supplies that were needed to be bought. "i'm back, ms. l/n," he informed you, a hand pointing to the box of materials that were indeed in the list armin had given him, minutes ago.

"y-you're back," you managed to say before sighing deeply, "armin forgot to tell you about the sub16 and sub20 papers for the policies," you informed the black-haired man.

he lifted his hands up in a 'don't worry' manner before uttering, "i could get them now, ma'am; a follow u-"

"ruben, could you do me a favor and deliver this at mitsubishi? needed asap since ma'am ruth says it's really urgent. a client's waiting there," rica, another office mate, asked of ruben, her tone of voice seemed quite impatient. maybe it's really that urgent. the black-haired man you were talking to turned his face to look at the brunette, nodding profusely right after. he excused himself from you and porco as he walked towards rica's cubicle, receiving the folded policy encased in plastic, and inserting it carefully into his satchel. he neared you, once again, and said, "ms. l/n, i could get them after i deliver this," with a sincere smile dancing on his lips.

"oh, that would be nice. we only have like a few mor-"

"ruben, could you send this to the mail for me? and while you're there, pick up the stamps I've told them to ready. thank you," connie interrupted as he was trying to sort out all his work all the while relieved that he had done a few.