xxx

"I WOULDN'T SAY YOU'RE serious about that," you said after numerous attempts to calm your heart beat down and to stay put as you lay on your living room couch. you had arrived in your apartment approximately ten minutes ago and he had called you just after you wore a gray oversized shirt.

eren somehow just chuckled at your response, seeming to have been hesitating as he did so and the reason? you didn't know. "oh by the way, y/n," the german said, "there's this annual celebration shit levi holds in celebration for the company's anniversary and i was thinking if you could be my plus one to the party?"

and that was enough to knock you unconscious as the butterflies in your stomach had danced crazier than they already did and your heart had probably had destroyed the monitor if you were in the hospital. however, to seem as though you were collected, you had mustered everything you could to come up with a response to that.

"i- hm," you decided to just hum in agreement on the last minute since you were anxious about stuttering.

"come again?" eren spoke, wishing for your clarification so he could settle all his plans. "i didn't quite catch that, babe."

you heaved a long and deep breath as you had just placed down the glass of water. "sure. f-formal attire it is, am i right?"

"right," the german continued, "guess i don't need to elaborate then." eren chuckled.

"the theme?" you asked, "any theme mentioned? i might wear a stripper's attire than a long gown," you joked before cackling right after. i haven't laughed like that in a long time, you thought, i really am a clown.

"oh?" jaeger paused, "should i just skip this event then?" he replied, teasing you with what you just said. "maybe we could hoo-"

"message me the details, mr. jaeger," you continued, "goodbye." and with that, you ended the call, cheeks hot and ears burning as you were flustered, knowing full well what he was about to say. you could never understand why you'd still get flustered over jokes like those since you've known that the german was witty and he never meant his jokes. so what was different now?

ting!

ting!

ting!

ting!

your phoned had sounded off notifications simultaneously as you hadn't checked them yet, not having the guts to do so just after what happened.

sitting straight up on the couch, eyes fixated on blank space, hands feeling numb, and heart beating way faster than the speed of light, your mind was wandering everywhere. only the sound of your neighbors faintly bickering about what position they'd be doing was the only thing of earshot as deafening silence had enveloped your place.