xxxiii

"FLOCH?" YOU SPOKE, HIS name sounding off as a question rather than an acknowledgement of his presence, "it's been years."

floch had only chuckled soflty in response. this was the first time in forever since you and him had a decent conversation for the previous conversations were more or less arguments and the like. "ah yes, it has been. how are you?" he asked.

you didn't know why, but you had just noticed that forster was not the same guy you knew years back. maybe it was the immaturity that caused you both to end your relationship or simply was it because fate wished for you to stay as is ー friends. nonetheless, there wasn't any point for searching an answer to that anyways, so you sent him a smile and simply replied, "i'm okay-ish. just been through hell."

"hm, i see. how's hange? she's usually with you at every party you attend to," floch said, completely unaware of what happened to the brunette. after all, he wasn't back in the country after two to three years.

and at that moment, you had just wished for eren to be back by now so he could be the one to hold conversations with your redheaded ex, suddenly not in the mood to keep the conversation going, worried that you might end up a crying mess at such a place. "l-let's not talk about that, shall we?" you requested, orbs holding pain as your voice was reduced into something barely above a whisper.

floch wouldn't say he hadn't noticed, and so he just kept his mouth shut and decided to drink from the glass of water in front of him. silence engulfed the two of you, but it was rather awkward than comfortable.

well, that was until forster had spoke again.

"i know it's been years already and you've probably moved on from what we once had, but i'd still like to apologise," he brought up, taking this moment as a chance to fix ties and for closure. "we were young and naïve back then ー well, i knew i certainly was ー but, that doesn't make up for not being able to attend to you when you felt down."

"it's alright," you genuinely replied, "it's in the past now anyways. we've both learned from that experience."

floch had smiled at you. "it's just that i didn't know how to help you when you had anxiety attacks back when we were younger," the redheaded male continued, "so i ended up ignoring you and completely shutting you out when you needed me the most."

a chuckle had escaped your lips, thinking back to those days when you'd certainly spam his phone dozens and dozens of messages just for him to call you back or even spare you some of his attention; the way you wished for him to notice your change in behavior and immediately be that someone who'd ask about it; and remembering how much you cried for this man when you two called it off since it was only bringing you, two, down.

nevertheless, you were still thankful ー thankful for everything it has taught you and thankful that you've been through that before you had met the german. it was a good experience, now that you've looked back on those days. it was a bittersweet memory.

"it's alright, fluck," you replied, addressing him the same name you used to call him when you both were younger, "i know we've both moved on from shit. loosen up."

the redheaded male chuckled at your response, quite glad that you and him were back to being friends ー specifically able to clear things the other might have been thinking about and was able to speak out their thoughts.

"okay then, n/n," forster said whilst standing up from the seat he used to occupy, "see you around."

just as you were about to respond to what floch had just said, eren was back with the food. "hey, eat up. i certainly wanted to get more soup, but they still had to refill," jaeger complained as soon as he rested the two plates on the table. "who was that though?"

"no one," was all you said in reply whilst grabbing the plate, eren had placed on the table, nearer to you. "thanks for getting me food, eren," you added.

"i don't think that that guy was no one," he argued, "you friends or had some kind of history?"

you laughed at jaeger's way of addressing this. "no need to be jealous, eren," you assured him, holding back another soft chuckle from escaping your lips. "he's my ex. you know? floch," you added, bringing quite a spoonful of food to your mouth.

"hm, i see," the german replied, "wasn't even jealous in a way. stop assuming stuff," he added to which you softly scoffed in return and uttered a 'not jealous my ass.'

"oh, by the way," he added, "met your boss when i was getting food and he asked about you."

you cocked a brow towards eren's direction as you wished for him to continue. "really?!" you exclaimed, "armin's here? tell me what happened."

as the german was in line, patiently waiting to get to the long table where the food was placed, he hadn't noticed that the person standing before him was trelra's ceo, armin. jaeger hadn't noticed who he was until arlert had turned his head to the direction of the stage whilst putting all his weight on his left leg. the blonde's extremely familiar side profile had left eren to actually remember when and where they first met; and that was at the hospital when armin had paid you a visit and brought you flowers to which eren, subconsciously, found irrelevant.

"oh, armin," the german spoke rather void of emotions for a reason he wished not to seek, "it's nice to see you here tonight."

the blonde had turned his full attention to the german who greeted him with a wide grin plastered on his face, "good evening, eren. likewise," armin continued, "how's y/n?"

jaeger immediately replied, "she's fine. i'm with her so i'd be aware of whatever she's feeling and attend to her right away if she needs me."

"ah, i see," armin replied, "that's good to hear then. you're here with her, right?"

they were now standing in front of the buffet, ready to pick up food that'd suit their best interests as their conversation had still continued. "yeah, she's my plus one tonight," eren replied whilst filling up two small bowls with crab and corn soup.

"isn't she always your plus one?" armin spoke, pointing out the very fact that'd cause the german's heart to skip a beat. it was true anyways.

"yeah, she always is."

"ew, cliché much," you denied, acting like you weren't even flustered about that last few parts of their conversation. tonight's going to be a long night, trying to calm my heart down.

"anways, once you're through, could we go somewhere?" eren requested of you which caused a cloud of confusion to loom over your form as you quirked your brows.

"to where?"

"there's just a place i'd like for you to see," was all eren said before continuing to eat from his dinner.

and that statement kept replaying in your head like a broken record.

°°°

lmao this was kind of crappy gomen :<
anyways, i'd just wish to inform y'all that there'd be more or less 3 chapters to go lol
(think i said that already ooft but whateva)
gn ily hoes <33