𝑢𝑛𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑒 𝑡𝑤𝑜 - if i could tell her (pt.2)

~~

~~

"h-hello miss?" you heard someone approach you,marinette and alya on the crowd while going to terminal 21, "i was wondering if i could get your name,your number and maybe hang out sometimes" he scratched his name not looking at you direction, "eh-" you started to wonder why he just approached you so randomly and boldly ask your name like that.

"i thought you were really pretty and that your smile was really nice" he blushed while rambling about your facial features, you put on a confused face because someone hasn't done this to you before.

alya muttered something under her breath, something about a new challenger coming up, you didn't know what to reply to the boy, you weren't really sure if you can turn him down coldly.

before you could even reply a hand made it's way on your shoulder and you looked up to see adrien glaring daggers at the boy who just asked for your number, "hey bud, i suggest you run off and leave my girlfriend and her friends alone" he emphasised the my girlfriend part pretty hard that it left the boy running back to who knows where he had been to.

after seeing that, adrien took his hand off your shoulder with a victorious smile and walking past you to go in the mall.

you were dumbfounded, you? adrien's girlfriend? maybe he did that because he didn't want you uncomfortable with strangers. yeah, maybe he did.

"oooh la la~ and i thought paris was the city of love" marinette nudged you "don't mess with my girlfriend oR yOuLl gEt a smAcKing" alya imitated adrien which caused you to burst into a fit of giggles, "come on guys, he just wanted us to be comfortable" you reasoned, but for some reasons, the way you thought of how adrien had done that was making you sad.

but you shake the thought off anyways.

you saw luka and nino run to you shouting things at adrien "DUDEEE THAT WAS RADDDD"

adrien was still smiling. he never knew he had the confidence in him to even do that.

(this song is called "if i could tell her" from dear evan hansen)

adrien:
he said there's
nothing like your smile
sort of subtle
and perfect and real

adrien saw you enter the mall with a smile plastered on your lips and that made him feel contented, contented how he can just see you smile and that would make his whole day. he wondered if that smile you have would ever be because of how he made you happy, and that saddened him because he knew that there was one to zero possibility that that would happen.

he said you never
knew how wonderful
that smile could
make someone feel

there will be a day where he finally had the courage to muster up his strength and confess to you, it might not be now but he hopes there will be a day that you accept him.

and he knew whenever
you'd get bored
you'd scribble stars
on the cuffs of your jeans

he watched you enter a clothing store and just pick out a few jeans, he knew immediately that you were also going to scribble stars on them, you proudly show them off to marinette and alya. which made adrien laugh.

and he noticed that
you still fill out the
quizzes that they put
in those teen magazines

adrien knew that, he stared at you while you were so focus on answering the questions on those magazines and how satisfied you were when you finish them.

but he kept it all
inside his head
what he saw
he left unsaid

and though he
wanted to
he coudln't talk to you
he couldn't find a way

it was true, he couldn't find a perfect time to even talk to you about his feelings because he was too scared that you wouldn't reciprocate it.

but he would always say

if i could tell her
tell her everything i see
if could tell her
how she's everything to me

he saw you talking to luka while dragging him to another isle, you seemed happy. that's what all that mattered to adrien,to see you happy but then he sometimes wished he was the reason for that smile.

but we're a
million worlds apart
and i don't even know
where to start

he sighed and walked towards you, "come on adrien, stop being a slug! you're getting left behind!" you said teasingly, running to adrien and tugging his and dragging him to the group. he will someday, he'll find a way

if i could tell her

"im not slow (y/n), you're just easily entertained" adrien said to you while being dragged, "come onnnn, let's buy hoodies!" you whined, finally seeing the hoodies section, you both found a matching hoodie with a black cat with green eyes and a white cat with blue eyes on it. the one with a black cat was colored white and and the one with the white cat was colored black to emphasise the contrast.

"let's get this!" you cheered, "why this?" adrien asked you while you handed him the one with the black cat, "because you act like a cat" you replied.

"i'll be a chat blanc, and you'll be a chat noir!"
(cough cough. this isn't foreshadowing...maybe)

"let's go adriiiii"

if i could tell her