Chapter 5

🤬Inappropriate language in this chapter!🤬

This week has been so long with school and my studies

This week has been so long with school and my studies. Embry no longer hangs out with Jake and Quil, he stays close to me. Work has been slow until Paul and Jared come into eat, you would think no one feeds them. Jake has tried to talk to me, but Embry runs interference with him until today.

"Hey Davina!?" Jake says with a sad smile walking up to me at my locker. I roll my eyes before looking at him.

"How can I help you Jake?" I say without emotion in my voice or on my face. I wasn't going to let him know that I was still hurt.

"I want to see how you are doing?.. I mean... Look D! I am sorry for how I ended things with you. I do love you. But..." He says as Embry comes up to meet me. He is glaring at Jake. He wouldn't tell me what happened just that they weren't friends any more.

"Hey D! Could you give me a ride to Sam's?" Embry says, still glaring at Jake.

"Yeah sure Embry!" I say giving him a sweet smile as I close my locker. "Look Jake it is what it is. You clearly wanted to move on with someone else. So now I will do the same!" I say with a small smile. Walking away with Embry as he puts his arm around my shoulders and laughs. Pulling up to Sam and Emily's place to see Jared waiting outside. I rolled down my window to say hi to him. "Hey Jar!" I with a smile on my face as he walks up to me. As Embry gets out of my jeep and walks into the house laughing.

"Hey Davina! How was school?" He asks, leaning into my jeep.

"School was... School. You know!" I say with a shrug of my shoulders. Jared nods his head and gives me a small chuckle.

"Yeah! But this is your last year. Miss smarty pants..." He says with a smirk. It was my turn to giggle at him. "Are you coming to the bond fire tonight?" Jared asks, looking back at the house.

"I don't know... Paul wants me to go, but watching him pick up random chicks... Not really my cup of coffee!" I say with an uneasy smile.

"This is a private bond fire. No random chicks. Come on D! Please!" He begs me, giving me his best puppy dog eyes. I sigh and nod my head, Jared gives me the biggest smile. "I have to go.. I'll see you after work!" He says before kissing my cheek and walking back to the house.

 I'll see you after work!" He says before kissing my cheek and walking back to the house