-8-

Junkyu's POV

I was just staring at Seowoo's face when I suddenly heard a door open. A door? At this hour? A ghost?!

I heard footsteps nearing us so I got scared and pretended to be asleep. The door of Seowoo's bedroom opened and I heard a sigh.

I felt her get nearer to us. "Junkyu must have done it..." Oh... It's just Mrs. Kang!

But wait... Me? What did I do?! I didn't do anything wrong!

I tried my best to look at what she's doing without getting noticed and saw her caressed her daughter's hair. Suddenly, Seowoo pulled my hand closer to her.

"You must have thought that he's Seunghun..." That's right, Ma'am! What do I do to get out of the situation?!

I felt her get nearer to us again and I noticed that she started crying. But why?

"I'm sorry that I helped him with his plan..." Hyung's plan? About what?

She started to walk away from us which made me feel less nervous.

I immediately tried to pull my hand from Seowoo's hand and this time, I won from the game of tug-of-war.

I breathed deeply and stretched because my body felt numb.

"You better get well fast. You even held my hand for a long time." I whispered to her and she suddenly smiled.

I looked at her desk expecting to see the pictures she have with Seunghun but the frame is facing down. I picked it up and looked at their face.

"The both of you look so happy here." I placed the frame back on the desk but noticed another one.

"Oh? Is this her father? But why does it seemed like it's something ripped from a newspaper?"

I heard a door open which made me place the frame back on the desk. I went out of the bedroom and was about to close the door but someone spoke.

"I knew it. You were awake." I felt my whole body stop when I heard Mrs. Kang's voice.

"It's fine. She probably thought you were Seunghun. But why did you enter her bedroom?"

I slowly turned around and looked down. "Well... I heard her crying when I passed by her bedroom..."

I looked up and saw Mrs. Kang nodding. "She always call for Seunghun when she's sick." Mrs. Kang told me and closed the door slowly.

"Just avoid her bedroom, okay? I know that you're a kind guy but I just don't want to risk it. I don't want her to get hurt again. I don't want her to fall in love with an idol."

"An idol? But why?"

"Because other idols throw away their girlfriends. They're afraid that they might ruin their career."

I got surprised at what Mrs. Kang said. I wasn't able to say anything.

"Go to your bedroom and sleep, Kim Junkyu."

Mrs. Kang left but I just remained standing in front of Seowoo's bedroom.

The way she said it... Did Seunghun hyung
... And she also mentioned something about a plan earlier...

I went inside Seowoo's bedroom again to search for the letter that Seunghun hyung gave her.

I opened her desk as quietly as I can and saw it.

I opened the letter and read it.

So hyung left without saying goodbye to Seowoo because he might forget about his dreams and abandon his career...

Hyung loves her so much...

I placed the letter back in her desk and closed it. I went out and closed the door. Suddenly, my phone rang which made me panic and I answered it immediately.

"Ya Kim Junkyu! I told you to call me once Seowoo read the letter!"

Oh it's just Seunghun hyung.

"She already did. By the way hyu-"

"Did she cry?! Tell me she didn't!" I heard Byounggon hyung's voice and other voices at the background.

"Of course she will. She loves me like crazy!" Suddenly I heard laughter on the other line. It must be CIX.

"Junkyu! Did she cry?!" Byounggon hyung asked again. Why does he sound so desperate?

"Yes... She cried when she read the letter..."

I suddenly heard cheers and Byounggon hyung was shouting no repeatedly.

"What's the deal with you guys?" I asked them and Byounggon hyung told me that he'll get outside because they're too noisy.

"Well, we had a bet. Seunghun showed us a photo of a really pretty girl and told us that the girl is so in love with him. I didn't believe him but the other members did.

So we had a bet. I told him that if he proved it to me, then I'll buy him and the other members anything they want."

My mind went blank for a while. A bet?

"So everything in the letter is not true?"

"Well, I don't know but I'm pretty sure that Seunghun doesn't love her. He's dating some random model rig-"

"Idiot! Don't tell that to him!" I heard Seunghun hyung's voice and the call suddenly ended.

So... Seowoo's waiting for nothing?