1. To San Francisco

A/N

Hiya Everyone! This is my first piece 😅🥴 Please don't forget to vote and comment! -Thx V.V

~~~

I am on my way to the airport to fly to San Francisco, with the cast of the show to go do some meet and greets and panels. I am not particularly excited for the trip, we have done dozens of ones just like this one, but what I am excited for is seeing Kat and to catch up with her after such a long time being apart. But i am not so sure if she is as exited to see me as i am her.

After passing immigration's and customs i make my way to the boarding gate, as i approach the gate, i suddenly go into shock when a high pitch scream hits my ears.

"Domi!!!" Kat drops her things and ran toward me, i felt my heart skip a beat, i feel relief come over me, when i realize she missed me to.  She consumes my tiny body in a bear hug, i hold tight.

"Oh Kat how I've missed you" i say as we loosen grips and now are faces are only centimetres meters from each other's.

"Tell me about it, i haven't seen you in a year" she pulls me in for another quick hug.

"Where are the others?" i ask looking around

"They already boarded, we should probably get going"

" Yip okay, do you want to go get your bags that you just left in the middle of the walkway?" i say giggling at Kat

"Oh yeah, gosh i was just so excited to see you"

My heart is now racing, but more than normal, she actually really missed me its stupid feeling this over my co-worker, but i can't help it.

We walk down the walkway both of us smiling ear to ear, where she had dropped her belongings, she gathered them up and we continued to make our way to the plane.

Sadly, she was 3 rows behind me, and i made my peace that we weren't going to be able to talk and see each other during this 6-hour journey.

i snuggled up in my seat, preparing myself for sleep when a gentle soft hand caressed my shoulder, at first i thought i was the stinky old guy who was in the seat next to me, but when i open my eyes i was Kat busy taking the seat.

" where the stinky guy go?" i ask turning my body to face her.

" i made a deal with him to swap seats, all i had to do was promise him my complementary snack bag"    she says with a chuckle.

" Well i don't care how you did it, but I'm very glad you did" i grab her hand and squeeze it slightly. Our fingers intertwined, and that's when i felt her wedding ring scrap across my skin. A nauseating reminder.

I am happy for Kat, I truly am but I definitely think she can do a lot better that the man she's got at home right now or rather not, considering he is never there for her. All i want is for Kat to happy, that's all i ever wanted and all i ever will want.

We remain in a tight grip while we talked. From a dreaded 6-hour flight to what feels like an hour, we talked about everything, what's been going on in each of our lives and the show and so much more wonderful things.

5 mins before landing Kat was instructed by the flight attended that she had to return to her booked seat for landing, we said our quick goodbyes and she headed back, sending the old guy back to me.

~~~

When we got to the hotel, everyone went to their separate hotel rooms, Me and Kat hoped on the same elevator to the 12th floor.

It ended up that our rooms were directly opposite each other.

"Hey do you wanna come to my room after to get your things in yours and then we could continue our chat from earlier?" Kat says as she opens her door looking back at me.

"Yeah hun I'll be over in a minute" Giving her a quick smile not wanting her to see my over exited and panicked face after what she just asked.

I close my door behind me resting my head against it, telling myself to breath and relax "its just Kat, Calm down".

I have always looked up to Kat, she is always so composed and calm, unlike me who is all over the place all of the time, i must seem like the small annoying friend to her.

I lock my door behind be and walk across to her door and knock softly. I quickly calm myself down and take some big deep breaths.

She opens the door while on the phone, she throws me smile while i enter her room. I take a seat on the chair at the foot of the bed, patiently waiting for Kat to finish her call.

"It's not my fault that i have work on the weekend that you happen to be home for once, what do you want me to do? fly back? No, Ray. Feel how i feel for once when your gone!"

I feel like i have invaded her privacy, clearly Ray was upset that she was not home, but I'm proud that Kat stood her ground against him. I could hear Ray shouting at Kat through the phone, and just as Kat was ready to respond to him, he hung up.

"Oh, great how mature of him, Sorry you had to hear that, Ray is just pissed I'm not there to make him lunch or something" Kat says throwing her phone on the bed. She lays down on her back exhaling.

"hey, don't be sorry, i can leave if you want to be alone, we can chat some..." She interrupts. Placing her hand on my thigh, i immediately froze on the spot.

"no no no the last thing i want right now is to be alone, and plus you being here makes everything better" She removes her hand and gestures to come and sit on the bed with her, i slowly get up and flop down next to her, she relaxes back on to her back leaving us both looking up at the ceiling of the hotel room.

I thought that this moment would be wise to say what i really felt about Ray and Kats relationship. The second the words left my mouth i regretted it.

"honesty Kat, you deserve better, you deserve someone who is there for you and who doesn't get mad when you prioritize yourself over others for once" I kept looking at the ceiling afraid of the look on Kat's face, but i summon the encourage and turn my head to the left, her face was blank but her eyes where smiling, leaving me confused.

"Sorry, I'm sorry, it wasn't my place to comment on your marriage, I'm just going to go" I sit up and start to stand when Kat stops me.

"hey, it's okay, no don't be sorry, your right, and plus i know that you and Mel don't like him, your faces don't lie"

I return to the bed this time we are facing each other.

"sorry we just can see that you're not happy when we see you with him or when you talk with him on the phone and when your alone with us it's like your different person" We are looking into each other's eyes when i see a single tear fall from her left eye on the comforter.

I reach for her and wrap her in my arms as she starts to cry. I hold her as close to me as i can, hoping i didn't just ruin a marriage or worse our friendship.

"I don't Love Ray and deep down i never did, i was in love with the idea of being in love, and now it's too late, I'm stuck in this miserable  marriage" I wipe her tears with my thumb while she catches her breath.

"Hun its not too late, if you're unhappy, do what you need to do to be happy and you have my support with whatever you decide to do" I wrap in her tight in my arm yet again.

We lay in silence while i hear her tears fall. Until we are both got frightened by the sound of my phone ringing. It's Mel.

"Where are you guys? The Panel is staring in half an hour we are all waiting for you guys!"

"Shit! sorry, we are on our way!"

I help Kat clean herself up, and ran back to my room, garbed my bag and my trusty water bottle and we rushed to the panel.