13. Jumping to Conclusions

Song: It's You By Ali Gatie

Trying very hard not move, I listen closely to what Mel is going to say.

"The thing is, ever since the trip to Toronto she's been thinking about you a lot"

Oh no! Where is she going with this?

"Thinking about me?" Kat tries to play as if she does not know anything

"Yeah, in a romantic kind of way"

Shut up Mel. Please.

"oh" Kat replies

"and she'll kill me if she knew I just told you that, but the reason I'm telling you is because, although she does not want to admit it, she is falling in love with you"

MEL! I couldn't believe what She just said, Kats probably is going to freak.

"And at yours the other night, I could see the way she was looking at you" The silence coming from Kat was painful. "I don't want her to get hurt because we both know that you don't feel the same way, so what I'm asking of you is to please let her down easy, and it would also help if you weren't so sexy all the time" Mel laughs

Let me down easy? Kat just say something! Anything!

"Um, I'm not too sure how I am meant to respond to that Mel" I could hear the truth in her voice.

Anything but that.

"You don't have to say anything, I just wanted you to know" I hear Mel stand and walk to the door.

"Thanks Mel"

I Refuse to open the door to the closet in fear of having to think about what I will have to say to Kat. She calls my name.

"Dom, you can come out now"

I don't respond.

She opens the door, seeing me huddled in the small space, avoiding eye contact.

"That was close, aye?" I say climbing out.

"Yeah..." I could feel the awkwardness grow in the room, I don't know what to say, she probably hates me.

"um well it almost time for me to head back to set so ill see you later?" I turn to leave when she grabs my arm as swings me back around. She leans in and kisses me on the cheek.

"Relax, it's okay, were okay"

The tension in my shoulders release as she spoke those words. I rapidly wrap my arms around her waist and hold one tightly, thanking her. she grabs both sides of my face making me look up at her.

"Mel really knows how to pick her timing, doesn't she" she laughs

"Her and Wynonna have that in common for sure!" we continue to hold each other, until I really need to go.

"Talk Later? "

"Tonight, we have the cast dinner at Tim's, come to mine afterwards?" she asks while I make my way down the steps.

"Of course, babe"

My heart was racing, as I made my way back to set. I have no idea what to think about what just happened. Kat didn't even say anything about the whole 'she's falling in love with you' bit. And it's not like I'm denying it, I'm just scared to know what the truth is about how Kat really feels, i don't know if my heart would be able to take it if she doesn't feel the same. Tonight's the night where she is going to tell me that what we have, whatever that might be, needs to stop. I'm sure of it. She says that were okay but like what does that mean? After all these years of knowing Kat she is still a mystery to me.