23. No Words

Song: Don't Stop the devil By Dead Posey (4x01)

~~

Me and kat headed straight for bed after I arrived at hers late last night, catching up of on some much need sleep.

~~

"Morning sleepy head" she places a hot cup of tea on the bedside table, as she holds her own.

"Morning, love" I say as she kisses my forehead.

I shimmy my way upright taking a sip of the steaming tea.

"Thank you, for the tea, hun" I rub my eyes awake.

She grabs my hand squeezing it. I let go, patting her side of the bed telling her to come lay next to me. She lifts the covers, sliding her legs underneath them.

"Varun, told about how we broke the internet this week" I quickly grab my phone from on to of the dresser, getting back into bed fast, not wanting to lose the warmth. Logging onto Instagram I search Kat's name and instantly liking and leave a single heart emoji in the comments. I scroll down, seeing the ridiculous amounts of comments and likes. I look up at Kat completely stunned.

"Yeah it's been crazy to say the least"

"Good crazy, right? "

"Read for yourself" she looks down at my phone as she takes the last sip of her Coffee.

I start to read the comments

'Congrats! But def been sleeping together before Kat's divorce'

'Ray is a Dick so I wouldn't blame you if you did actually cheat'

'You and Dom make a cute couple'

'Ooooh, the tea is hella sweet. Only 3 weeks? you lie'

The mixed bag of comments were never ending.

" Are you okay with all of this? "

"Yeah I mean, I expected this. Ray didn't leave me much choice, and I didn't want to keep us a secret anymore, 3 weeks was too long"

I give her a quick kiss. "they can say whatever they want, we know the truth, and we know what really happened, and that's all that matters"

"Exactly, and the truth is I should've told you how I felt instead of trying to hide it by marring him, which would have avoided all of this shit"

"That reminds me, when you came out, how long before that did you know you were Bi?"

"You're probably not going to believe this, but in high school kinda. Yeah... I had a couple of flings and with a few girls"

"But didn't you go to like, a very strict catholic school"

She nods, biting her bottom lip.

"Katherine!" I playfully slap her on her arm. "oh, you where THAT girl"

"what is that supposed to mean? "

"You were the girl that got perfect report cards and was the teacher's pet in every single class, but you also had sex in the locker room, before gym class with the most popular kid in school"

"Correction, the supply closet.... With the principle's daughter" she bites her finger in between her teeth, as my mouth hung open in pure shock.

"I have no words" truthfully.

"but, at the time I thought it was just because it was a all girls school and I got bored or something, because in collage I was pretty much just with guys. Year and years went by, before I realised I was Bi, not too long after that, is when I came out, because deep down I always knew it, it was just a matter of timing I guess"

"I realised I needed to start dealing with my sexuality when I found I was a queer character, and if that wasn't enough, a sexy, drop dead gorgeous woman, who had a ring on her finger, played as if she was in love with me on the daily" I say as Kat takes the almost empty cup of tea out of my hand and places it next to her on the bedside table.

"Well, I thought I knew, what I wanted in life, until you came along and changed that" she pulls me closer, now laying face to face. "I thought I was ready to settle down, I thought I knew what love was, but I clearly I didn't know what I wanted. But when I met you, I realised I did not want any of those things, I just wanted you"

"not nearly as much as I wanted you" I lean in, focusing on her lips.

"I doubt that" she kisses me, hard.

~~~

Mel needed to talk to Kat about some financial stuff I think, and I have to write some Start The Wave captions, so logically we decided to back to mine after finishing breakfast and getting dressed, so that I can write and Kat and Mel could talk.

Mel entered my apartment, sits herself down next to Kat and makes herself at home.

"Hey, Hun, do you want us to go to Mel's while you write?" she asks from the couch as I sit typing at the dinner table.

"No, that's okay, I'm almost done in anyway"

They softly talk among themselves for 10 minutes or so while I finish quickly finish up and email it to D2.

"Did that help? "Kat asks Mel, after answering what seemed like a very complicated business-related question.

"Yeah Definity!" She replies as I squeeze myself between the arm rest and Kat resting my legs over hers. She wraps her arms around me resting them on my hips as she turns to me.

"That was quick, did you finish everything?"

"Yeah all done"

She nods, looking back at Mel. "What are your plans for the rest of the day Mellie? " I ask her, while I lightly scratch Kat's upper back.

"Not much, I was just going to finish this, and then probably call Jeff and the kids"

"If you would like to, tonight we can have a girls night, wine and movies?" I ask Mel and Kat.

"You sure?" Mel asks.

Kat turns to me "what about we invite Emily and Tamara?"

"sounds goo to me! you okay with that Mel? "

"Yeah of course, but please just decide dinner before everyone gets here, cause other wise we will be debating about it for the whole night" She gathers her things and stands up ready to head out the door.

"Good point, anything you've been craving lately?"

Standing at the door, she scrunches up her nose and lifts her chin, thinking deeply about her answer.

"Pizza, from that place on the corner of main street"

"It's settled then, we will be having pizza"

Mel walks out, going to go finish her Taxes or whatever, while I make some calls to Emily and Tamara to see if they would like to come tonight.

Usually when we film, Mel does not show how much she misses her home and family, up until around about a month or so in. It all gets a little to much, when we have long work hours and late work hours, and you don't have anyone to come home to. I used to hate that feeling of coming home after a long day, and not having someone to hold, or simply just to say goodnight to someone. But that has all changed now, I have Kat and I'm so grateful for her.

Treating Mel, to a good relaxing girls night, is exactly what she needs to remind herself that we are here for her, no matter what. She truly is like a big sister to me, I always turn to her when I feel vulnerable or when I feel less than, she always knows exactly what to say to lift me back up again. Usually I would encourage her too with words, but in this case I think actions speak louder. 

A/N 

Please don't forget to vote and comment -V.V xx 

Sorry for taking so long to post, my bday weekend just past so it been and crazy week! but i will be posting more regularly from now on (fingers crossed)