30. The Beginning Of The End (Part 2)

Song : All In By Desiree Dawson 

~~~

Driving up my parent's guest house, my nerves begin to act up. For months I have been trying to get everyone to be here this weekend. Jules and Bridget's flights were cancelled last minute, and Kat's parents couldn't even find their passports. It was a mess, but they all thankfully found their way here.

Greeted by my parents, we make our way through hallway. Following Kat closely behind, out of the corner of my eye I spot everyone sitting in the reading nook of the office in the living room, Kat does as well but not at first, after taking a double take. The expression of her face is unforgettable. We have been away from home for 5 months, and Kat and I have been starting to get a little homesick, so this surprise was perfect timing.

"What, how, when? I... aw I missed you all so much"

"we got here last night and wanted to surprise that's all" Bridget calmly says.

"Is this all your doing? " she turns around pointing at me.

"I may have something to do with it, yes" she hugs me from the side, giving me a kiss.

With no words leaving anyone's mouth, my dad interrupts the good silence.

"So, shall I take your things up to your room, and then we start getting dinner ready? I was thinking we could sit out on the porch, it's a lovely day today"

"Sounds amazing, I will help you take them up" Kat's dad offers.

Kat, Jules and Bridget all take their seats on the 2-seater couch in the living room. With Kat in the middle, the giggles and chit chat started. I sat on the bar stool overlooking the kitchen, while my mum and Tressa started making some tea.

"So, did you two enjoy your travels?" Tressa asked '

"We loved it, and I'm sort of sad that it's ending"

My mother leans over the counter "But the ending is the best part, or must I remind of the ring in the safe? "

"Shhh, keep it down mum. How does it look? What do you think? " I look behind me to make sure that Kat is still chatting away.

I bought the ring from Italy last year, got it sized and everything, and shipped it directly here, hoping it will be perfect. If not, I do not know what I will do.

"It's stunning, and she will love it" Tressa peaks in.

"Okay, well I hope so. Thank you for doing everything, I really appreciate it"

"Honey, there is nothing I wouldn't do for you and my future daughter in law" My mum holds my hand tightly.

Carrying the tray of tea and cups to the coffee table in front of Kat. We chatted and sipped on tea for the rest of the afternoon.

~~

The head room of the house was ours for the weekend. The dark wood four posted bed centers the room, with red sheets and what looks like million pillows. It's a large room, but still warm and cozy, making it romantic and intimate.

"Come here" Kat pats down on the bed.

I jump on to the high bed next to her, quickly warping me in her arms, leaving us facing each other, and our legs entangled with each other's.

"I love you"

"I love you to"

"I don't know how I will ever repay you for all of this, you have set the bar incredibly high"

"You don't have to repay me, because this wasn't for you, it was for me"

"Oh really?" she laughs