19. I'm On My Way

Song: Hey Oh By Gin Wigmore (recommend listening BEFORE reading)

Mel opens my door letting herself in, while I sit on my couch trying to find right channel.

"Hey" she plops herself next to me, resting her feet on the coffee table.

"Hey. What is the channel again? "

"11"

"Thanks"

"Fuck he's an ass for making her do this"

I nod, agreeing.

"Okay its starting"

Turning up the volume as the news host introduces Kat and Ray. The camera focused on her face as she begins to speak.

"Hello, everyone. We first want to thank E! for allowing us to share our announcement through them, it means a lot"

The camera zooms out placing them both in the centre of the frame.

"3 weeks ago, Ray and I divorced"

"Due to..." Kat was stopped when Ray interrupts her.

"Due to, her being a slut. Sleeping with everyone under the sun, including little miss sunshine Dominique Provost- Chalkley"

"Ray" Kat says in her soft yet stern voice hiding her panic.

I couldn't believe what I just heard; I felt the anger build up in me like I have never felt before. Mel grabs my hand.

"What? I'm simply telling them the truth"

"the truth? I should of known this was going to happen! Fuck how could I have been so blind to trust you? Yet again! " she shales her head biting the inside of her cheek, using everything she has to keep the tears back.

Mel's mouth hung open, as did mine.

"and don't you dare ever fucking talk about Dom again, she did nothing to you" she turns to the camera "Not that its anyone's business but I did not cheat on you, and I did not sleep with her or anyone for the matter while we were married unlike you! And I'm done with you and all your manipulations and all the threats. I'm done!" Kat storms off camera.

I instantly grab my phone and call Jules, knowing that she'll be close to Kat.

Trying to regain my breath as the phone rings.

"Jules"

"I know"

"Please just be with her"

Mel whispers in. "I'm booking you a flight right now"

"Jules, I'm on my way"

I hung up, franticly rushing to my room packing only the essentials.

~~

The minute the seat belt signs turned off I sprinted for the door, rushing my way out to the exit of the airport. I call Kat from the Taxi.

She answers but all I hear is her sniffles and cry's.

"Baby I'm on my way! Is Jules there? "

"Yeah, she's here" she struggles to form the words

Jules, picks up the phone

"Yip, I'm here"

"could you get all her stuff together for me, I think it would be best if we went to my house"

"Okay yeah sounds good, I will"

"Thank you"

"Nah, its all goods, Kat will be fine, once you're here and then I think me and Bridget will go have a little chat with Ray"