26. Steff

In the beginning, this week felt like it was never going to end. But eventually it was Friday and we were just starting to shoot our last scene for the week.

The scene was mainly just dialog, but it was a long scene between me and Mel. Being over tired and very sleep deprived, me and Mel barely kept it together throughout the takes. Mel, the hardest working out of all of us, was more eager to go home than anyone else. Jeff picked the busiest week to come up and surprise Mel, he came on Wednesday and hasn't seen Mel since, so she was really ready for this week to end.

When the last take was done, Mel not caring that she is still in Wynonna attire, runs straight off of set to her car, yelling back that she well bring back the clothes on Monday. The crew just laughed and went back to packing up. I headed back to my dressing room, got changed then went to my trailer where Kat was waiting for me. We had lunch together in the trailer and she said she will just wait and do some work there, while I finish work.

"Hey" I walk to the bed where she was sitting, giving her a quick kiss before sitting on her lap.

"I have put all the things I could think of on the table over there" she nods towards the small foldable table in the corner covered in everything between clothes and makeup, to coffee mugs and hairspray.

"Thank you, babe" I give her a kiss

"I'll start carrying them to the car"

We stand and she makes her way to the table, I start to look through the cabinets, opening them on by one making sure there is nothing that Kat might off forgotten.

I reach for the cabinet above the microwave, just as Kat's phone started ringing. I quickly grab the phone and walk to the door calling for Kat, but Kat is too far from the trailer to hear me. Looking back down at the phone, I concentrate on the caller Id. Steff. Who's Steff?

Maybe an old friend? I don't know, so I shrugged it off and continued to look through the cabinets.

~~

Holding two pizza boxes, I try not to drop them while opening the door. Once opened, Kat carries the two-duffel bags with all my things and places them on the couch. I sigh deeply as I place my forehead on the cold countertop, feeling the strain of this week in my shoulders.

"How does a hot bath sound? " Kat says walking towards the bathroom.

It sounds perfect so I simply nod and follow her.

She starts to run the hot water, as I get undressed. After getting the right balance between hot and cold, she steps back and takes a seat on the toilet cover.

"and now?" I ask her, wondering why she wasn't getting undressed to.

"Oh, I thought you might want to be by yourself" I give her a little side eye, as I pull her up from her seat.

"Hun, If I ever want to bath alone, then you know something is very wrong" I say starting to unbutton her shirt.

"Good to know" she nods

Laying on Kat in the bath, I feel the tension in my upper back disappear as she massages my shoulders firmly.

"When did these happen?" I run my hand over two large parallel scars on her shin. "They are huge"

"oh, I also have them here" she lifts her other leg, showing me the identical scars that run up her leg. "I think I was around 14 maybe 15, and me and friends were playing basketball and got the ball stuck behind the hoop, and because I was the tallest but not quite tall enough, I had to stand on this really dodgy wooden box, and as you would assume, the box broke, and the screws holding it together went straight into my shins"