5. My Poor Brave Baby

Sitting in my airplane seat, the memory of this morning makes me miss the warm embrace she had me in. The delicate touch of her lips and nose against my shoulder, her smooth leg between mine, with her arms gripping me tightly around my shoulders and waist. The simple memory makes me shiver with joy, but my morning was ruined by the sound of my alarm, I tried to stop it before Kat woke up, but I was too late. She left my hotel room this morning with a smile on her face which made me glad that I could help.

Struggling to get my bags from the overhead compartment, I feel a familiar touch come from behind me. Kat flashed me a smile as she reaches over and grabs my bag, I smile back. I close my eyes, feeling her chest, pressing against my upper back, and her hair flowing beside my face leaving the scent of her coconut shampoo, making me lose hold of reality for a split second. Kat Hands me my bag, I thank her, she replies only with a smile and continues towards the exit of the small plane. Mel walks by me and leans in and says

"I saw that"

I roll my eyes back at her, as she walks on. What am I supposed to do? not let her help me, for once I am very thankful, that I am too short.

I Finally get through security and make my way to the baggage claim where all the cast were waiting, after collecting all our things, we said our goodbyes and everyone started walking towards the exit, except Kat. I turn around watching her franticly go through her phone.

"you coming?" I ask with concern.

"Um I would catch a taxi, but I don't want to go home, but go ahead Domi, I'll be okay" she tries to convince me.

I've had enough of Ray and his controlling ass, its time I give him a piece of my mind. I think fast about what I say next, a little too fast.

"you know what we are going to do?"

"What?"

"you have to sign the papers, today right?" She nods "So, what I am going to do is, go with you to your house, you're going to sign those papers and we are going to grab your things and some clothes and then you're going to come stay at mine for a couple of days, okay?"

"Dom, your sweet but I can't expect you to let me stay with you, it's too much, really thank you, but I can't "

"Well to bad because I'm not giving you much of a choice" I grab her bags that was on the floor and headed out the door, she follows me, repeating my name, I Ignore her and flag down a taxi. She quickly realised I was not backing down and got into the taxi with me.

Kat fiddled with her hands all the way to her house, I could tell she was scared and nerves. I grab her hand.

"Hey. Its going to be okay"

"Thank you, No seriously thank you, I don't deserve you as a friend"

"Of course, you do, you are strong, beautiful, kind, and above all, selfless. And I am the luckiest person in the world to be able to call you my friend, and whatever happens, I'm always going to be here for you if you need me to be" before I could really finish my sentence, Kat ropes me in to a tight hug, that taxi stopped in front of the home, I release my hold and give her a soft kiss on the forehead.

"Come on, let's get this over and done with" I say. She exhales deeply, and then got out of the closing the door behind her.

I tell the Taxi to wait here and then follow Kat to the door. She unlocks the door and enters slowly, with me not far behind her.

We enter the living room where Ray is seated watching the replays of the weekend's hockey matches. He turns at the sound of our foots steps.

"Well look who decided to show her face, and you brought your girlfriend with you, how nice"